The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Chit-Chat Lounge
 Fraser O'Brien
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Brian
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2669 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2007 :  18:44:26  Show Profile Send Brian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to have to tell you all - our dear friend Fraser O'Brien has passed away. I cannot believe it.
Carole (Gibson) has just e-mailed me with the sad news.

Brian.

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2007 :  19:06:42  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is such sad news, he was such a lovely man.

Love Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  01:00:46  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is such awful news. I'm so sorry.

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  01:18:56  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for letting us know Brian. What sad news.

I didn't know Fraser personally although I had exchanged a few e-mails with him in respect of the recordings he made available to the Dusty Communities - what a contribution he made in this respect. My heart goes out to his family and friends at this time......

God bless.......

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Will-Scotland
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  01:35:26  Show Profile  Click to see Will-Scotland's MSN Messenger address Send Will-Scotland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys -

Fraser died a couple of days ago at home and things are a bit up in the air at the moment and we don't know too many details. His mum and I will be down in Manchester in a few days time and I will post again and let you know once the funeral arrangements are sorted.

Fraser was a very good and kind friend and he practically FORCED me into loving Dusty Springfield, whose music he absolutely adored, as you all know. I'm glad he did. He worked very hard doing the recordings for Dusty day and he made many good friends as a result.

He will be very sadly missed.

Will

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  02:15:08  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Will.......

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

marg
Sweet Inspiration

2686 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  03:15:07  Show Profile Send marg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is so sad.
I can't believe it.
Fraser was a top bloke... his Dusty CDs will bear even more poignancy now.

R.I.P. Mate.

marg x
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  13:54:42  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember asking him if he was in any way related to Dusty because of his surname... I guess he had heard that joke far too often. But in some way he must have at least related to her very strongly as he managed to produce all these wonderful compilations and videos for us. Without him my Dusty collection would be a lot smaller.

This is a terrible loss for the community... My thoughts are with his family and all the people that he left behind.

Thanks Will, for giving us more insight.

Fraser will be missed...

Vera x
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  14:30:32  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to read about Fraser, he was young too....

R.I.P. Fraser.....

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  18:25:47  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Shaking here can't believe..
I never knew he was so poorly

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

cas19
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  19:12:10  Show Profile Send cas19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that Fraser was a lovely caring friend who I will miss. I still cant quite believe it. My thoughts are with his mum,dad and family.

'IF TIME WERE NOT A MOVING THING AND I COULD MAKE IT STAY'

Goodnight my friend.
Love and thoughts Casxxxxx
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  20:34:30  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still can't believe it.
I'm so sorry..
He was a lovely bloke, I'll never forget..
All that work he put into making all those Dusty CDs and videos, he made loads of people so happy..
Rest in Peace Fraser, the whole Dusty Community will miss you always.. Dusty will look after you

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Rhiannon
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
386 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2007 :  20:35:49  Show Profile Send Rhiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Such sad news. My thoughts are with his family and friends and all those who loved him.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2007 :  15:40:49  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm completely shocked and saddened by this tragic news.

Fraser was a good and generous person, who has died far too young.

He was a devoted and true Dusty fan, as well as being a loyal supporter of The Royal Marsden Hospital.

The fabulous music which he untiringly recorded, will be his appropriate legacy to us.

Rest In Peace, Fraser... You will be sadly missed.

Carole R xxx
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  18:32:40  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fraser was a lovely man and a real true Dusty fan.
I had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of times and will always be so grateful for the CD's and Videos he made, all in aid of charity.
He will be missed by all Dusty fans everywhere.
My thoughts are with his family and close friends at this very sad time.

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Something Special

United Kingdom
1157 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2007 :  23:59:07  Show Profile Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sad and shocking news. Fraser was a generous person who will be much missed. I'm glad to have known him.

RB
Go to Top of Page

Will-Scotland
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  08:16:18  Show Profile  Click to see Will-Scotland's MSN Messenger address Send Will-Scotland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi folks -

There still isn't any news about the funeral arrangements so I can't tell you any more about that just yet. However, Heather (Fraser's mum) is planning to have a reception of some sort on Canal Street after the funeral, to which all of his friends and acquaintances are very welcome. The exact venue is still be be confirmed but as soon as I know anything I shall post more. And as posted elsewhere on the forum, she has asked that rather than floral tributes, people consider donating to one of Fraser's favourite charities, the two she suggested being the Royal Marsden or else Body Positive in Manchester.

As soon as any further details are known, I'll post again. Kind regards to all of you.

Will

Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  11:58:07  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou Will..

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2007 :  12:13:41  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Thanks for the update, Will.

Carole xx
Go to Top of Page

Will-Scotland
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  18:03:49  Show Profile  Click to see Will-Scotland's MSN Messenger address Send Will-Scotland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone -

Just to give you a quick update on what is happening. It looks as though Fraser's funeral will take place toward the end of next week, either Thursday or Friday, with a reception somewhere on Canal Street afterwards.

Fraser's mother and I are travelling down to Manchester tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) and the remaining arrangements can then be sorted out over the next day or two; as soon as anything is confirmed I will post again.

Kind regards to all of you.

Will

Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  20:45:14  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the up dates Will--much appreciated.

Give all our love to Heather--we are thinking of her at this sad time.

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2