The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Chit-Chat Lounge
 Fraser O'Brien
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Will-Scotland
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  23:45:33  Show Profile  Click to see Will-Scotland's MSN Messenger address Send Will-Scotland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
>> Give all our love to Heather--we are thinking of her at this sad time<<

I will indeed and thankyou for that. I have already printed out the messages posted here and have told her about them. She isn't ready to read them just yet but she will do in time. In the meantime, she is very touched to know that so many people cared for Fraser and respected him, and that they will - along with her - mourn his passing.

Kind regards to all.

Will

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2007 :  23:53:42  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It won't sink in. I remember on the DSC, when I first joined and posted on the Dusty Lyrics thread (cos I was too scared to post on all the others), and sometimes he was the only one who would play. I miss that. He's gonna be missed forever.

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Will-Scotland
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  16:17:23  Show Profile  Click to see Will-Scotland's MSN Messenger address Send Will-Scotland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Funeral Arrangements for Fraser O'Brien

Hi everyone -

The details for the funeral and reception for Fraser have now been confirmed and are as follows -

The funeral will take place at Manchester Crematorium (Southern Cemetary) at 10:55am on the morning of Friday 8th June 2007.

The reception will take place thereafter at The Rembrandt Hotel, Canal Street, Manchester.

All friends are very welcome to both, but as requested previously, no flowers please.

Kind regards to you all and, on behalf of Fraser's mother - Heather - thankyou again to all those who have so kindly written words of condolence, which at this time are deeply appreciated.

Will
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  16:26:41  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Will.
Hope you're doing okay..
Take care,

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  16:30:43  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for keeping us posted, Will.

Best Wishes,

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2669 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  21:49:17  Show Profile Send Brian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who cannot attend Fraser's funeral on Friday - how about playing one of his FABULOUS cd's in memory of a brilliant chap?.
I for one, will be playing a 'Fraser cd' at 10.55 on Friday morning, and remembering him with gratitude.

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  21:56:07  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice idea, Brian.

A Fraser/Dusty Moment on Friday, please folks.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  22:43:31  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too will be playing a Fraser CD on Friday.
Many thanks for the updates Will.

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  22:48:50  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aww, that's a great idea, Brian.

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Something Special

United Kingdom
1157 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  23:10:12  Show Profile Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A good idea Brian, i shall play of of Fraser's Cd's too.

ROB
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2007 :  02:10:14  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Way to go, Brian. Nice way to remember Fraser.

TMak
Go to Top of Page

Will-Scotland
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  14:49:00  Show Profile  Click to see Will-Scotland's MSN Messenger address Send Will-Scotland a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone and thanks ever so much for all the messages, which mean a lot to Heather. As you will appreciate, this is a very difficult time for her more than for anyone, so please keep her in your thoughts as the week progresses.

At the moment we are busy sorting stuff out at Fraser's flat - so many CD's and DVD's!! There is a great deal to be done prior to the funeral itself but we are being very productive and Heather is astonishing - a quite remarkable lady.

And for anyone who is able to attend on Friday - please come and say hello as we would love to be able to put faces to some of the names.

With kind regards to you all -

Heather and Will x
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  22:31:13  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are both being very brave sorting out the flat. Its a really difficult thing to have to do.
Our thought are with you both and even those I personally can't attend the funeral I will be thinking of you and playing a Fraser CD.

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2007 :  23:18:40  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Will,

Its a horrible time, but good to know that Fraser's Mum has your love and support.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Something Special

United Kingdom
1157 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  00:14:48  Show Profile Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Fraser

Go to Top of Page

Brian
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2669 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  10:57:32  Show Profile Send Brian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am sitting here remembering our dear friend Fraser, playing 'RARE CD TRACKS' a cd he made for Dusty Day in 2003.
The funeral should have just started so let's reflect on a wonderful man and all he did for us.

FRASER O'BRIEN WE LOVE YOU

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  11:05:59  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miss you Fraser.
Listening to Live recordings volume 1 - A House Is Not A Home, I remember how happy I was to finally have this on CD, thankyou so, so much for all you did. Love you.

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  12:19:56  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only just got in from work, but I did think of Fraser at the appointed time.
I will listen to one of the albums he sent me, this afternoon.

The one which contains 'Someone To Watch Over Me'(5 different versions!)..Very apt I think.

R.I. P....Fraser O' Brien.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  12:50:44  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rare Tracks 2004 today. Thank you, Fraser. Lots of the songs you shared with us are coming your way. Hope you can hear them.

TMak
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  17:44:06  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played the ATV series CD from 1968 in the car today, which I bought at DD 2005 from Fraser. Its a great CD with wonderful live music.

RIP Fraser

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2