The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Members and members families photo gallery 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  17:25:28  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You most certainly did Janie!.....Hi Linda, Barbara's at a Memorial to the Animals who have done their bit in times of War, it's opposite Marble Arch in London, then that's me at Eros, Piccadilly Circus, and outside the Gate to London's Chinatown in Gerrard Street, and then having a drink in Leicester Square!.....I've a few more pics of when I've been out and about to post, I'll look for or start an appropriate thread for 'em all!!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  01:10:18  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark, you have great pictures posted!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Rhiannon
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
386 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  21:21:50  Show Profile Send Rhiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
These pics are from yesterday. As it was such a glorious day (and we haven't seen many of those recently in this country)! Vera and I decided to go down to Dorset for the night, to see my Mum who's staying there at my Auntie's house. We spent the afternoon at Canford Cliffs Chime Beach in Poole.

Here's me paddling in the sea

And Vera practising "skimming" little stones

And the two of us

Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  22:07:59  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awww, lovely pics!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2007 :  23:20:32  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you 2 made the best of the nice weather--nice pics.

I like the seaside

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  00:15:50  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are excellent pictures, thanks so much for sharing!!!

I never EVER could figure out how to skip stones on the water. Did Vera get it right?

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  08:43:51  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fabulous Pics of the two of you...

I wish I had an Auntie in Dorset!..

Carole xx
Go to Top of Page

Rhiannon
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
386 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  11:45:35  Show Profile Send Rhiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the compliments, folks.

Linda - I am rubbish at skimming stones too, I've always wished I could do it! Vera managed it 9 times out of 10, I'd say!
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2669 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  12:06:31  Show Profile Send Brian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carole R.

Fabulous Pics of the two of you...

I wish I had an Auntie in Dorset!..

Carole xx

Dear Carole,

I am your Aunty Elspeth from Dorset. You may not remember me, as the last time you saw me was in 1956 just before I went off to Egypt to help in the Suez Crisis. You waved me off from the jetty in Portsmouth with a sign that was most unbecombing for a girl of your age. Anyway to bring you up to date - I'm back!...living in Piddlehinton down ere in Dorset along with Faroque my husband who I met on a trip to the pyramids in 1967. Poor old 'uncle Faroque' needs some cash to replace his artificial leg which he got in the Western desert, and which has developed woodworm. How are you fixed?
We can accept credit cards from all locations.

Your loving Aunty Elspeth
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  12:23:03  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, this is fab news.

I was hoping I had relations in nice places....

I aint got any cash Auntie Elspeth, but I DO know 'Jake the Peg'.. he's got an extra leg...

Maybe he will come up trumps for Faroque! ?..

I assume that I'll get a freebie holiday on the strength of this?..

I can just see it now...

Luvvly jubbly!...

Carole xx

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  16:10:58  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great pics Rhiannon!.....thanks for sharing

Mark
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  19:33:47  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's an old picture of my new "unit", The Spirit of Black Rock, our neighborhood fife and drum corps. We wear the uniforms of the Civil War era 1st Connecticut Calvary.

..and here's me in the summer uniform. After 2 months of practice I am finally getting pretty good at hitting those stratospheric high notes.

TMak
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  20:16:12  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's great! Glad to hear you're breaking the fife in quite well.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  21:39:59  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Tere...

I was wondering how you were getting along.

You certainly look the part!...

Have you actually marched yet?

Carole xx

Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  22:29:25  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice Tere--this brings back memories of my Dagenham girl piper days!

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  22:30:09  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking of sticking on a handlebar mustache and some Elvis sideburns to fit in.

I did participate in a parade with the group a month ago, although I mostly played "air fife". It was fun. We had a great turnout - 8 fifers and 5 drummers - as a few of the "old-timers" showed up, even a couple who were up here from Florida. The crowd watching seemed to appreciate us.

TMak
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  22:52:09  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote

What's a fife?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2007 :  23:37:01  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A fife is like a wooden flute or piccolo.

TMak
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  01:17:37  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
JB and I just had reconstructive surgery.

Ok, this mac computer has one of those video cameras built in.
We played around with it for a while.

Linda
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  02:07:59  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fun stuff!!

TMak
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2