The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty Gallery
 Favourite Dusty pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  03:46:47  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the one at the top, the one where she's clasping her hands together, is one of my favorites. Much thanks to everyone who's posted these wonderful pictures, it's very groovy of ya'll & it's very appreciated....XOXO
Go to Top of Page

mike
Brand New Me

9 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  18:49:28  Show Profile  Send mike a Yahoo! Message Send mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi,I know it's a little late but I thought you may like to know that the picture of the three girls was taken in Blackpool by me.
I took 3 other pics ....1. Dusty getting into the car and Mad was makinf sure Dusty's was in place, Pat was out side the car.
2/3 Dusty was signing autographs for fans.
Hope this helps a little.
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  21:05:53  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike

Hi,I know it's a little late but I thought you may like to know that the picture of the three girls was taken in Blackpool by me.
I took 3 other pics ....1. Dusty getting into the car and Mad was makinf sure Dusty's was in place, Pat was out side the car.
2/3 Dusty was signing autographs for fans.
Hope this helps a little.
Mike

AND the one in your avatar!

Great to see you on the site Mike. Do you possibly have a copy of the other photos that you would be able to share with us? Also any little anecdotes?

Its always wonderful to be able to share these little snippets with somebody who had met Dusty and her crowd. Thank you, Mike .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  23:35:04  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Janie, I would love this picture as my avatar? any chance of getting this on the forum? can Vera work her magic once again?

Gill

"What you gonna say in private"
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  00:11:59  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a good pic of her, I must say. Well, then again, all the pictures I've seen are good pictures of her! Wait, can you get the "High Voltage" pic on here? I would be your best friend & love you forever, Janie, please please please.....XOXO
Go to Top of Page

xela
Brand New Me

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  09:41:38  Show Profile Send xela a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would that be this one Bambi?

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  09:46:30  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it would be. Lol, that's just the greatest pic ever, I wish it was an avatar picture. I couldn't find it if it is on there....XOXO
Go to Top of Page

mike
Brand New Me

9 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2008 :  23:39:32  Show Profile  Send mike a Yahoo! Message Send mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If someone explains how to include photos I will share them with everyone!!I am not too good with the computer but very willing to try. At present I have copies of my pics stored in "my pictures".
Can anyone help???
I was lucky enough to meet Dusty about 9 times at various places, always with my camera, and I have seen her perform live over a dozen times.
Mike
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  19:39:15  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frans, where have you been?! I was just thinking about you...xoxo
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  23:56:34  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill

Janie, I would love this picture as my avatar? any chance of getting this on the forum? can Vera work her magic once again?

Gill

Sorry Gill, I missed this post......I'll sort it for you.

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  23:58:37  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kajunbaby23

That is a good pic of her, I must say. Well, then again, all the pictures I've seen are good pictures of her! Wait, can you get the "High Voltage" pic on here? I would be your best friend & love you forever, Janie, please please please.....XOXO

Just say 'Pretty please' . Of course I'll sort it, sorry to have missed your post .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  00:24:07  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gill and Bambi - your avatars of choice are there! I've made the respective one's personal to you at this stage. So, I hope nobody gets jealous .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  07:56:31  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Janie, once again, you rock! Thank you so much, I adore my new avatar! You're such a peach.....XOXO
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  17:43:46  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janie

Gill and Bambi - your avatars of choice are there! I've made the respective one's personal to you at this stage. So, I hope nobody gets jealous .

Janie x55

It looks wonderful
Thankyou eva so! Janie...

Gill

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  22:17:46  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like this one too...

Gill

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  22:22:39  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a good one, Gill. She was just so naturally pretty, I like all of her pictures because you can automatically tell she just had the sweetest nature about her...XOXO
Go to Top of Page

mike
Brand New Me

9 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  13:50:40  Show Profile  Send mike a Yahoo! Message Send mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote

This is my first attempt to attach a photo to DSN.Hopfully it will get better.

[URL=http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww357/mikejcdusty/?action=view¤t=dusty1001.jpg][/URL]

This was taken backstage at The Talk of The Town....me, Dusty and Pat.
It was the first time I had been to London and Pat had arranged for Dave , my friend, and myself to go backstage. We were both Fanclub members. After the show we went to meet Dusty along with a few other fans. She made it her business to say something to each fan, and seemed happy to do so, she made everyone at ease.So friendly she even let us take photographs.It is often said that Dusty had a presence about her that radiated a good feeling atmosphere in any room, I can certainly confirm that.Meeting Dusty made the time go so fast that my friend and I missed the last train back to Birmingham,(we were very young way back then). Pat noticed that we were a little worried and asked if there was a problem. She said if we remained behind after everyone had left, we could go back to her house, stay over night and get the early morning train back home.
Dusty said goodbye and left for home.Pat then realised that Dust had left her makeup case and we had to drop it off on the way to Pat's.The car stopped outsde a large, to me, block of appartments. Pat go out and rang the intercom and I heard Dusty say that she was on her way down to collect the case.Pat made us promise never to tell anyone were we had dropped off the case.........and we never did.

The above was related to Sharon Davis when I emailed her to say that the pic of Dusty, Pat and Mad had been taken by me.She asked if she could use the photo in the book but never did. She did, however, include the above incident at the "TALK" in the book "DUSTY" ( page 112)and I got a name check!!
I hope this little insight into meeting Dusty is interesting to other Dusty fans.
Go to Top of Page

mike
Brand New Me

9 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  16:21:59  Show Profile  Send mike a Yahoo! Message Send mike a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww357/mikejcdusty/?action=view¤t=dusty1003.jpg][/URL]

SORRY!!!!
I managed to print the wrong photo.............it was my fisrt time so forgive me.

The photo on my last post was taken at The Cavendish Club in Birmingham....but more about that later.
Hope you like them.When I get my new computer after Xmas I will try to post larger pics as at present it just makes the computer slow right down and then freeze!!

Mike XXX

Go to Top of Page

neilallenuk
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2008 :  23:24:31  Show Profile Send neilallenuk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WHOA!!!! MORE DUSTY TREASURES!!!!

What I don't understand is why Dusty didn't like having her photos taken, she looks great in these photos. Really vibrant and natural.

Thanks for sharing them with us Mike, they're lovely.

Neil
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2008 :  01:02:37  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great shots Mike! Thank you....... It's truly wonderful to have such personal photos shared by your good self. I loved your little anecdote about the makeup bag . AND you have a mention in Sharon's book - I bet you were thrilled . Well, we're thrilled to see you here on the DSN .

Very much looking forward to some more of your pictorial memories and any more stories you are able to relate .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2