The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty Gallery
 Favourite Dusty pics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 15/12/2008 :  01:24:15  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mike, I have np problem telling you how utterly jealous I am of you, not to mention all of the members who were lucky enough to meet The Great Lady! I am so envious, you guys are, hands down, the luckiest folks! I'd give anything to have met her. From what I gather Dusty would've been such a treat to be around, which is something you proved with your story. I also wanted to give you a huge kudos to being a stand-up guy & keeping your promise to Pat about not telling anyone about where Dusty lived. Lol, there's been alot of talk on here lately about Dusty's friends betraying her. That was really cool of you. Thanks for showing the pictures, they are treasured. And, please, if you have anymore stories, any at all, please share if you don't mind.....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  02:56:15  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dusty hugging a christmas tree,,

Gill

The Animal welfare would be after that coat these days!
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  16:21:19  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol, would it be wrong to wish I was the that tree? Wait, maybe I want to be the coat. The poor coat went through hell being caught & killed and all but it ended up on Dusty! What a great way to go!!!....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

chrispld
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
579 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  22:02:37  Show Profile Send chrispld a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that photo of Dusty,Mike.It must have been wonderful to meet Dusty.Please keep your memories about her coming.!!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 19/12/2008 :  04:39:37  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a few folks on here know by now, my favorite Dusty picture, over all of them, is the one where she's got the "High Voltage" sign around her neck. Lol, I love it so much I had Janie make it my avatar (thanks again, Janie darlin'). I've noticed that several folks have met Dusty or they have had some what of a relationship with her. Is there anyone on here that might know, if there is one, the story behind the picture? I'd be very grateful if anyone knew & could share the story with us...XOXO
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2008 :  02:48:18  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this the Hokey-Cokey or an early version of Thriller

Gill

Edited by - Gill on 29/12/2008 02:50:27
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2008 :  06:53:06  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL, I thought the same thing but I didn't want to say anything

"I'm a Celt, they can't keep me down"
(Dusty)
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2008 :  14:08:09  Show Profile  Click to see Catherine's MSN Messenger address Send Catherine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh I love that photo! Could also be the Macarena lol?

Cat x
"I don't have a family to support, I have 3 cats to support!"
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2008 :  14:38:53  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Douggie were you driving?

Marty

quote:
Originally posted by douggie

Hi All
1000% it's Pat!!!
They are in the Back of the Buick..........
LOL......Douggie

The Truth is out There!

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2009 :  22:59:16  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that link, Frans. Hopefully I can maybe use some of'em for my My Space backgrounds...

"And She's Singin' Of The Sins That None Of Us Can Bear To Hear For Ourselves. Give'er My Respect If Nothin' Else"
The Great Lady
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2009 :  23:14:16  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Frans, that's a really beautiful photo of her! I like the way her lips are shaped there & the way they are just about to touch the glass. I also like the look on her face, like "oh yeah, I'm gettin' there".

"And She's Singin' Of The Sins That None Of Us Can Bear To Hear For Ourselves. Give'er My Respect If Nothin' Else"
The Great Lady
Go to Top of Page

liz mason
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  18:38:05  Show Profile Send liz mason a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lovely "fluff freeman" and the Springfields. great memories

liz
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2009 :  16:59:47  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well spotted Frans,, I love the old Black and white's...

Gill x

'If there's one thing that inhibits good singing, it's fear
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2009 :  19:29:00  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike

Hi Mike,

First let me say welcome to DSN, as i noted you are a new member with only a few posts.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fantastic post Great story, I love reading and hearing other stories of when they met Dusty. Great pics too!!!

Please keep on posting!

Marty

URL=http://s735.photobucket.com/albums/ww357/mikejcdusty/?action=viewĄt=dusty1001.jpg][/URL]

This was taken backstage at The Talk of The Town....me, Dusty and Pat.
It was the first time I had been to London and Pat had arranged for Dave , my friend, and myself to go backstage. We were both Fanclub members. After the show we went to meet Dusty along with a few other fans. She made it her business to say something to each fan, and seemed happy to do so, she made everyone at ease.So friendly she even let us take photographs.It is often said that Dusty had a presence about her that radiated a good feeling atmosphere in any room, I can certainly confirm that.Meeting Dusty made the time go so fast that my friend and I missed the last train back to Birmingham,(we were very young way back then). Pat noticed that we were a little worried and asked if there was a problem. She said if we remained behind after everyone had left, we could go back to her house, stay over night and get the early morning train back home.
Dusty said goodbye and left for home.Pat then realised that Dust had left her makeup case and we had to drop it off on the way to Pat's.The car stopped outsde a large, to me, block of appartments. Pat go out and rang the intercom and I heard Dusty say that she was on her way down to collect the case.Pat made us promise never to tell anyone were we had dropped off the case.........and we never did.

The above was related to Sharon Davis when I emailed her to say that the pic of Dusty, Pat and Mad had been taken by me.She asked if she could use the photo in the book but never did. She did, however, include the above incident at the "TALK" in the book "DUSTY" ( page 112)and I got a name check!!
I hope this little insight into meeting Dusty is interesting to other Dusty fans.

Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  06:24:15  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote

She really did have red hair, mmmmm.....Interesting!
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  06:29:06  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Al, where'd you manage to dig up that little gem? Beautiful pic of her, although every pic of Dusty is nothing less than beautiful. Still, that's the first photo of the Springfields that I've seen in color.

It's official, lol, I like redheads!

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  06:34:18  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Me too, didn't take a lot of convincing when you see Dusty in that pic! Behind a bongo drum and two guitars you can still see "that" skirt, is she hiding the cats under there or somethin'?
I found it doing some random web surfing....it was a Springfields EP cover, wonder if it were ever released on CD, I think it were called "Kinda Folksy"! Lol
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  06:43:32  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol, well I hope she ain't hindin' the cats under there! I see your point, though. The Ringling Brothers Circus could've set up shop with that skirt!

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

orchidee76
Brand New Me

Germany
46 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  18:38:54  Show Profile Send orchidee76 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it's right to post it here, but i'm searching for so long time this pic in HQ! Has anybody this lovely shot of her with the little cute terrier? That would be great.

Gone,but not forgotten Mary O'Brian 16.04.39 - 02.03.99

Edited by - orchidee76 on 06/03/2009 18:45:06
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  06:11:30  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AYou must be logged in to see this link. I love that picture! What a great photo of Dusty and what a cute little doggy!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2