The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 General
 The Katy Setterfield Thread
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  14:36:53  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it would be helpful for us to put everything relating to Katy on this one thread from now on in so as things will be easier to find. Perhaps the exception to this might be the schedule for her tour - THAT will surely deserve a thread all of its own!

To start the ball rolling here is an article from the Great Yarmouth Mercury .....well, we do see a bit of life here on the DSN .

Dusty tribute comes to pier
Great Yarmouth Mercury 3 April 2008

THE haunting and powerful songs of the late, great Dusty Springfield come to Great Yarmouth this summer in something of a coup for the Britannia Pier.

Katy Setterfield, winner of BBC's The One and Only programme is confirmed as appearing at the Pier on Saturday, August 30 - her first gig in the UK after completing her three-month prize-winning contract in Las Vegas.

After years of singing, Katy entered the world of the tribute artist in 1993. Performing as Cher, she quickly realised her ability to change her voice was the key to her success.

In 2000, she was invited to audition as the new lead female vocalist in the smash hit That'll Be the Day. Belting out a couple of Cher songs the gig was immediately hers and the opportunity to learn her stage skills was born.

And along the way director Trevor Payne suggested different artists for Katy to impersonate: Tina Turner, Debbie Harry, Shirley Bassey, Sandie Shaw, Brenda Lee, Doris Day and many more were honed at this time.

But the masterstroke came with the discovery of Katy's uncanny ability to “be” Dusty Springfield. Last year, she made the decision to take vocal coaching lessons and it was her coach who suggested Katy enter the BBC1/Endemol show The One and Only.

After reaching the final 10 as both Cher and Dusty she won through to the live contest in January/February and beat 11 other contestants to the prize - a three-month performance contract in Legends, Las
Vegas.

The Britannia Pier Box office is open daily from 10am (April to September) on 01493 842209.

Janie x54

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  14:49:48  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Janie...

I'm definitely going to try and see her in Blackpool.

Trouble is... I don't wanna book for there and then learn that she's doing a Manchester gig.

Such a dilemma.

Carole R xx

Edited by - Carole R. on 04/04/2008 14:50:25
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  15:16:22  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Carole R.

Thanks for that Janie...

I'm definitely going to try and see her in Blackpool.

Trouble is... I don't wanna book for there and then learn that she's doing a Manchester gig.

Such a dilemma.

Carole R xx

Carole, Katy will be forwarding me the dates for the gigs so hopefully everyone will be able to sort out the best arrangements then ....I'll post them,of course, as soon as I have them .

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  22:45:03  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see that the writer of this article thinks Katy was Dusty and Cher in the One and Only!!

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  23:18:09  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by treking

I see that the writer of this article thinks Katy was Dusty and Cher in the One and Only!!

Trek

Also known as Carole.

D'ya think that was a 'deliberate mistake' moment?...

If so.... you take the prize for spotting it, Trek!..

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  23:22:15  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it means before the show started... Does it?
Did she audition as Cher as well as Dusty?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  08:44:31  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think its because when the ORIGINAL auditions were held, Katy entered as both Cher and Dusty (one has to say, she does 'do' a very fine Cher as well ).

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  09:30:47  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm quite surprised to read of Janie being questioned about Katy performing as both Dusty & Cher when Janie has had several meetings with Katy. If she doesn't know then who does?
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  09:33:40  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No one is questioning Janie --just the writer of the article in the Great Yarmouth Mercury, Karl

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

tedabracci
Wishing And Hoping

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  00:04:57  Show Profile Send tedabracci a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I heard her sing Over the Rainbow real good. You all heard her too. Teda

tedabracci
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  10:03:44  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any more tour dates, Janie.?

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2008 :  22:38:23  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Katy's CD's

A while back now I said I would put on the thread details of how to get hold of Katy's CD's - the ones available through her and her husbands company.

I'll get a couple of tracks on a yousendit link as a taster but that won't now be done until after Dusty Day as well as scanning in the CD inserts so as you can see what the tracks are.

In the meantime here is some detail that may be of interest to you

The CD's are available from Pointy Dog Ltd,
PO Box 1217,
High Wycombe,
HP11 9BN - and cheques should be made payable to

'Pointy Dog Ltd.' CDs £12 inc. p&p

Katy and her husband also use a merchandise company who sell CDs for them

You must be logged in to see this link.

More meaningful detail will follow next week but I've run out of time this side of DD. Abject apologies but a womans work is never done

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  16:13:15  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Katy's page (not much there at present ) singerspro.com

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2008 :  19:59:27  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to know what tracks are the CD you mention Janie.

At Dusty Day, I asked Katy is she is coming out with any CDs. She told me she is having two released coming out around Christmas 08.

The first release was Katy singing in her own right.

Afraid I was a bit star struck, wish I could remember the exact details about the second CD and who the songwriter is. THINK she said, Clive Westlake. She told me that many songs have just been discovered and she will be singing these on this album as Dusty.

I am looking forward to the release, I'm buying!

Marty

Edited by - Earthbound Gypsy on 30/04/2008 20:00:55
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2008 :  20:16:08  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Earthbound Gypsy

I would love to know what tracks are the CD you mention Janie.

At Dusty Day, I asked Katy is she is coming out with any CDs. She told me she is having two released coming out around Christmas 08.

The first release was Katy singing in her own right.

Afraid I was a bit star struck, wish I could remember the exact details about the second CD and who the songwriter is. THINK she said, Clive Westlake. She told me that many songs have just been discovered and she will be singing these on this album as Dusty.

I am looking forward to the release, I'm buying!

Marty

I am SO behind with my posts Marty! I'll scan in over the next couple of days the 'sleeves' from the CD's available from her company Pointy Dog - I WILL get a couple of tracks on here as yousendit links as well, as Katy has given the thumbs up for that.

In the meantime I've e-mailed her to ask for more specific detail about her upcoming CD releases .

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2008 :  20:20:03  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Janie!

Marty
Go to Top of Page

dave d
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  18:00:26  Show Profile Send dave d a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Katy on legends website-

Ain't No Sun Since You've Been Gone
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  18:24:16  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link Dave.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  20:33:43  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  23:46:54  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I mentioned earlier on I contacted Katy with regard to her upcoming CD's. She is incredibly busy getting ready for her trip to Vegas and so has asked me and the other superfans Simon and Carole G to put this message on site(s) on her behalf. As you can see she didn't mention anything about the non-Dusty recording but no doubt will let us know more about that as and when:

Dear Dusty Fans Everywhere,

I'd like to thank you all so much for your continuing support over the
last months. Dusty Day was a huge thrill for me for so many reasons,
and it really was a great pleasure to meet so many of you at last. Your warmth and encouragement in person and through your emails is nothing short of overwhelming!

I know some of you are hoping to get out to the Imperial Palace Hotel in Las Vegas where I'll be performing for 3 months, starting May 19th, so please make yourselves known out there. Even more of you have seen the UK tour dates on these pages and it's fabulous to know that's proving so popular too!

I will be recording a CD of Dusty songs in time (hopefully!) for the
tour this autumn. Andy & I are getting the music and musicians ready to record the tracks asap, most likely in my absence, so I'll have to do all the singing when I return mid-August. Hopefully there'll be just enough time for the album to be finished by the first date - Great Yarmouth, 30th August. Which songs will be included is still not finalised, but it's safe to say all the biggest songs will be there. I'll post more details as they're decided.

Thank you all again. See you on the road somewhere soon.

Katy Setterfield x

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2008 :  14:16:18  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To my shame I've only just seen that very nice letter from Katy.

She starts her stint in Vegas next Monday..

I'm sure that we ALL wish her every success, and lots of luck.

Knock'em dead Katy!

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.73 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2