The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 General
 Flower Fund
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  22:26:05  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please note that with immediate effect (291108) Vera will be our point of contact for the Flower Fund. Please refer to my post at the end of this thread. Thank you very much, kind souls
Janie x55

Now that the money from the Old Flower Fund has been used up, I'm

sure you as members of DSN would agree that it would be nice to set

up a new fund so that flowers can be put on Dusty's marker in Henley.

Those members who would like to donate some money can PM me..Trek for my address.

Members who can donate in GBP can then send me a cheque.

Our members in different parts of the world can PM me for my Pay Pal Account details.

All monies will be held in a flower fund account and I will keep members informed of the amount as money is received.

Thanks..

Trek

Also known as Carole.

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 27/06/2008 :  22:59:08  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those who don't know the history, we all did this back on the DSC (the old site, before it got closed) a few years ago, Carole R's idea if I remember right It's just a nice way for members who can't get to Henley to send Dusty their love, and to keep her marker looking pretty..
Thanks for setting it up again, Trek.

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2008 :  08:17:23  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Trek......I thoroughly enjoy going along to visit our Dusty and will feel privileged to place the DSN's flowers on the marker along with as many of our members as possible able to go on a particular date . We can always make a day out of such a trip . Great times ahead!

Cheque will be in the post this week Trekkie .

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2008 :  19:02:35  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lovely idea, thanks Trek

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2008 :  22:16:42  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou, Trek.

Its very important that Dusty's memory is kept alive, and one of the ways we can do this, is to ensure that her Marker/ Gravestone remains looking cared for.

I hope that your suggestion of continuing the Flower Fund will be met with a good response, Trek.

I'll send you my donation, soon.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  00:04:19  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm away for a few days so I will reply to PM's and acknowledge any monies when I return.

Thanks everyone..

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

pandy063
Wishing And Hoping

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  17:16:06  Show Profile Send pandy063 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This great and I want to send you money for Dusty's marker and surrounding area. I would love to help with this.
Will PM you Trek!
Pandy063

Guess Who?
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  22:15:53  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Marea..I have replied to your e mail.

I am around now ..so those wishing to contribute to the flower fund..please get in touch with me.

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 15/07/2008 :  08:05:14  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you to those who have contributed so far.

The total is 57. 37 at the moment.

I'll keep this up dated as funds come in.

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2008 :  13:45:33  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone appreciates my 37p..

Only kidding.

I'll send you my contribution by the end of week, Trek.

Carole R xx

Edited by - Carole R. on 16/07/2008 13:46:40
Go to Top of Page

MICBO
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2008 :  15:39:02  Show Profile Send MICBO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New to this site...interesting posts.
I wonder if there is anyone fan of Dusty, living in Henley who would be interested in putting flowers from their garden on to the marker each month say, for a small recognition on the site, the occasional visit from some of our members when they are in Henley and maybe linking them to a local rag for publicity and, indeed, involving them in this site. Some folks do grow some lovely blooms and may be happy to visit and become involved.

Anyone any ideas/know anyone who might oblige?

Moi.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2008 :  22:32:28  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We do have a few members who live locally who do go and put flowers on the marker.This is very much appreciated by the DSN.

Its nice for those members who live further away or in another country to contribute with money for flowers.

We appreciate your ideas Micbo..do you live near Henley?

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

MICBO
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
148 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  21:05:00  Show Profile Send MICBO a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by treking

We do have a few members who live locally who do go and put flowers on the marker.This is very much appreciated by the DSN.

Its nice for those members who live further away or in another country to contribute with money for flowers.

We appreciate your ideas Micbo..do you live near Henley?

Trek

Also known as Carole.

Not living near Henley, sadly Trek......personal funds not very many either! Would a permanent planting of low-maintenance species be feasible/permittable? A lovely purple azalea, say.....this would then possibly free-up funds currently being spent on frequent flowers being placed on the marker [as opposed to flowers being placed for special anniversary reasons], to enable such monies to, let's say, be paid to a charity favourite of Dusty, to honour her memory.......a feline charity, for example..... just thinking.....

Moi!
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2008 :  22:42:17  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its just nice to put flowers on the marker and funds are coming in from members Micbo, it is voluntary so don't worry if you can't participate at the moment.

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2008 :  15:52:52  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TOTAL IS NOW 87.40

MANY THANKS.

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  22:53:31  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TOTAL IS NOW:-

Thanks to all those who have sent money so far.

There is still plenty of time for those of you who still want to make a contribution to the fund.

Trek

Also known as Carole.

Edited by - treking on 05/08/2008 22:54:43
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  11:53:01  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have received 15 from bidder number 1 after the picture auction.
Thank you.

The total is now...

It would be nice to have 200+..which would then provide flower for quite awhile.

So if you haven't contributed and would like to ..its never too late.

I will be away for a couple of weeks but will sort out our first bouquet of flowers when I am back. All PM's will be answered too after 20th September

Trek

Also known as Carole.

Edited by - treking on 05/09/2008 11:57:26
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2008 :  00:13:29  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, big THANKS to Dave for auctioning one of his magnificent doodles in order to swell our Flower Fund Coffers.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  16:25:06  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Grand total is now 193.31.
Many thanks to all who have contributed so far.

I went to Henley last Saturday for 6 days and spent some of the money on some flowers.

I'll start a new thread and post some pictures soon...having some computer problems at the moment.. loading them from the camera.

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  12:00:24  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an update..

Spent 8.00

Received another 10.00 thank you

So total is now...

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  12:56:50  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Excellent!!

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2