The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 General
 Flower Fund
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2008 :  18:07:08  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nearly there then! Fab, that should keep Dusty in full bloom for a while.

Emz xXx
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  14:49:25  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just an update..Thank you to those who have contributed

Total 205..31.

Minus monies spent...gives a total now of

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  23:51:45  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to let you know that with immediate effect, Vera is taking up the reins of the Flower Fund.

We are awaiting transfer of the funds which hopefully will be with Vera in a few days. On receipt, either I or Vera will let you know....in the meantime methinks some thought must be given to getting up to Henley with a Christmas arrangement of flowers or a Christmas wreath. Lovely jubbly .

If anyone else cares to contribute, the fund is always open - please PM Vera for details.

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  15:32:34  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vera is now in receipt of the Flower Fund monies...............the current balance being 145.33 (the 40 differential represents the contribution of three ex-members. The net amount of 145.33 was the amount forwarded to Vera).

I am hoping to get to Henley before Christmas to lay our flowers/wreath - please bear with me for a couple of days in terms of my suggesting a date............I'm afraid I've done a silly to my shoulder and am having to see a consultant on Monday. I don't want to make arrangements now only to change them post Monday - it will be great to get as many members there as possible though, whatever the date. We could sing a few carols around the marker couldn't we..................Deck the hall with boughs of holly...........

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  18:31:53  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Janie what did you do to your shoulder? Hope it's nothing serious and your well soon.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  18:40:30  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Earthbound Gypsy

Janie what did you do to your shoulder? Hope it's nothing serious and your well soon.

Marty

Thanks for asking Marty. I have absolutely no idea what has caused it. However, I have restricted movement and am in a lot of pain most of the time. I've had 8 physio sessions with no real progress .

Fortunately, with gritted teeth, I can get by doing most things - I just have to remind myself that my arm only likes to move in certain directions if I don't want to go through the ceiling .

The physio reckons I'll have to have the joint cleaned out but obviously I won't know for sure until the consultant gets his hands on me

I appreciate your kind thoughts, thank you

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Speedbird
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
124 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  19:04:16  Show Profile Send Speedbird a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aaaw, Janie. I hope you feel better soon. A lot better.

Is it Vera the admin who I need to PM?

Sorry,
dafty me

Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  20:51:15  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Speedbird

Aaaw, Janie. I hope you feel better soon. A lot better.

Is it Vera the admin who I need to PM?

Sorry,
dafty me

It is Speedbird . Thank you for your kind thoughts btw .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  21:31:37  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi y'all (trying to sound more American for Bambi ). The Christmas flower arrangement laid on the marker by our Janice and Bev on Sunday cost 40, which if my arithmetic serves me well, leaves us with 105.33 in the fund.

Thank you once again to all those who have contributed to our fund. Also of course a thank you to ALL fans who from time to time place their own flowers on the marker and/or who otherwise help to ensure the marker continues to look good.

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

Catherine
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  21:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see Catherine's MSN Messenger address Send Catherine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeing as I'm new, I'd just like to ask, is the fund an ongoing thing? I'd love to donate some money to the fund.

Cat x
"I don't have a family to support, I have 3 cats to support!"
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  22:02:16  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Catherine

Seeing as I'm new, I'd just like to ask, is the fund an ongoing thing? I'd love to donate some money to the fund.

Cat x
"I don't have a family to support, I have 3 cats to support!"

Hi Catherine - yes, the fund is ongoing. Vera looks after the pennies for us. If you did want to make a contribution please PM Vera and she will let you know how to forward any money to her.

Btw, when any flowers are placed on the marker on behalf of the DSN the 'visit' will be advertised on this forum as we try to have a bit of a get together at the same time . Its a wonderful opportunity to meet up with friends from the forum . I suspect the next major event will be around Dusty Day next year although I'm sure I'll get up there sometime in February .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

keld laustsen
Brand New Me

Denmark
35 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  21:07:19  Show Profile Send keld laustsen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trying to mail vera but no luck ??
want to send some money from denmark ( it's soon 020309)
have visa but how and to what conto # ??
keld

Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  21:18:28  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keld laustsen

Trying to mail vera but no luck ??
want to send some money from denmark ( it's soon 020309)
have visa but how and to what conto # ??
keld

Hi Keld...thank you so much for this Our young soul Vera is particularly caught up with her university work at present - impending deadlines and all of that, we've all been there (my own memory does just about go that far back ).

I'll e-mail her at all her known addresses to ensure she picks up her messages.

In the meantime, I thank you again - so wished that you, along with so many of our other overseas members, could meet up with us at Henley. That thought in itself reminds me that I should really get up to Henley again SOON . Rest assured, we'll be in contact.

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

sparkie
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
647 Posts

Posted - 15/02/2009 :  22:11:55  Show Profile Send sparkie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is anyone going to Henley around the 2nd March - maybe Sunday 1st - to take flowers etc.?

Bev
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  01:07:46  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there
Sorry for not replying earlier.

If you have a paypal account there should be no problem with contributing money to the fund. Simply log onto your account trhough paypal.com (or the Dutch equivalent) and click on "send money" by simply using this e-mail address as reference point: flowerfund@dusty-springfield.com

Hope that helps...

Love, Vera x
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  01:08:32  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PS: Bev - I'm tempted to join ya in March - haven't been to Henley in ages x
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  22:33:49  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
we have had quite a lot of new contributions to the Flower Fund. Thanks to everybody who donated. The current balance is: 195.28

Thank you x x
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  23:36:01  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vera

we have had quite a lot of new contributions to the Flower Fund. Thanks to everybody who donated. The current balance is: 195.28

Thank you x x

How wonderful - thank you for advising us Vera and may I add my huge thanks to every one who has contributed.

A very special day coming up of course........10 whole years have gone by.

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

sparkie
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
647 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  00:19:05  Show Profile Send sparkie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vera

PS: Bev - I'm tempted to join ya in March - haven't been to Henley in ages x
Oh I definitely think you should - I'm sure you need a break from all that studying and hard work you're doing!!
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  19:31:34  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sparkie

Is anyone going to Henley around the 2nd March - maybe Sunday 1st - to take flowers etc.?

Bev

Bev, I'm going to have to have a word in Janice's shell-like, because I've arranged to meet up with her on that Sunday.....HERE at home! Oh dear...I've been telling everyone I'm losing the plot. I'll have to e-mail won't I?

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2