The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty Gallery
 Dusty Springfield Bulletin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  09:37:48  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was worth starting a thread just for this front cover of the latest Bulletin which Paul Howes has kindly sent to me to post on the site.
Anyone who does not subscribe to the Bulletin should do so--for all things Dusty.
He does a wonderful job of keeping her memory alive.

Trek

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  09:39:18  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  10:05:12  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The young beautiful Dusty...

For those of you who may be interested in the Bulletin I've put the link below

dustybulletin@aol.com

It is a publication which comes out 3 times a year and contains all sorts of info - upcoming projects, wonderful photos, articles, letters, items to purchase etc etc.

Dare I suggest that if you do end up subscribing...you mention the Dusty Springfield Network (You must be logged in to see this link.) in passing?!

Janie xx
Go to Top of Page

Katariina
Wishing And Hoping

Finland
637 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  14:36:40  Show Profile Send Katariina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bulletin is superb! You can also order CDs, photos and that kind of stuff via DSB .

Love, Kat

the images unwind like the circle that you find in the windmills of your mind
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  08:17:59  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Could it be that it was all so simple then, or has time rewritten every line?"....

Lovely photograph of Sixties Dusty...I'm just renewing my subscription.

The DSB, is everything that any true Dusty fan could wish/hope for....

Carole R.
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  12:18:14  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The March edition of the Dusty Springfield Bulletin has just popped through my letter box - hopefully Paul will send us the jpeg image of the front cover to post as he did last time round. I'll post this on the General Forum as well.

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2007 :  16:54:22  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The frontcover of the March edition of the DSB (issue 61 March 2007)

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2007 :  22:09:33  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG Janie, I hope the above photo doesn't give you ideas. I will have to kill you if I see you walking down the street wearing the above pink bed sheet and whatever that white frock coat is.
Dig the wig though!
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Something Special

United Kingdom
1157 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2007 :  22:20:45  Show Profile Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't everyone wearing this outfit to Dusty Day?

Nicky, you'll feel left out if you don't.

RB
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2007 :  22:34:09  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Rob,
I'm sure your'll look fabulous darling!
Have you got a pink bedsheet and a sewing machine?
Wouldn't it be great if Pat still had this outfit to sell in the auction.
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2007 :  09:35:30  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darn it Nicky...you've completely ruined my entrance for me at DD!!

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2007 :  20:47:40  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just about to upload the picture that Paul sent me --but Janie has already done so!
Sorry about the delay as I've been away. I assume Paul sent it to Janie too!

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2007 :  23:07:09  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder where the hand was in this picture!!

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  20:49:34  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, no one was brave enough to wear a pink dress and a beehive!

So, when is the next DSB due out?

Is Paul still selling those fab CDs?
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  21:08:52  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By my reckoning its due out again in July and yes he is still selling the CD's.

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

andyp
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  11:53:11  Show Profile Send andyp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a point to make. If it wasn't for Paul Howes, we probably wouldn't have all the wonderful material on CD that we have today. His tireless efforts traced a lot of forgotten or unknown tracks that saw the light of day only because of Paul, and for this, we should be eternally grateful.

Andyp
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2007 :  12:10:11  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andyp

Just a point to make. If it wasn't for Paul Howes, we probably wouldn't have all the wonderful material on CD that we have today. His tireless efforts traced a lot of forgotten or unknown tracks that saw the light of day only because of Paul, and for this, we should be eternally grateful.

Andyp

Excellent point Andy, well worth making .

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  22:19:44  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The frontcover of the July edition of the DSB (issue 62 July 2007)

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

tupelo honey
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
52 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  23:14:48  Show Profile Send tupelo honey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i wonder what it is about this photo that makes me lose my train of thought whenever i see it. those eyes don't exactly follow me round the room, rather they seem to follow me round the house...
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  08:46:56  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean Tupelo!
Its a great photo and makes me sit up straight as she seems to be saying I'm watching you--just mind what you are doing !

The rest of the bulletin is rather good too--the Cameo bit is interesting.

What does everyone think about this new issue?

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  21:07:31  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"...makes me sit up straight as she seems to be saying I'm watching you--just mind what you are doing!"

I know what you BOTH mean! Over the last few years, there have been times when I thought Herself might be keeping an eye on me - and steering me in a few interesting directions. That look - right there - is just what I think she would look like if she suddenly materialized for a one-on-one chat. How am I doin', Dust?

TMak
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2