The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty Gallery
 Dusty Springfield Bulletin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

EarthboundGypsy
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
192 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  06:47:51  Show Profile Send EarthboundGypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goodness, this photo is amazing! one of the best I have ever seen of our Dusty. Leaves one quite speechless...and mere words can not suffice.

But I think it is gorgeous, makes me jealous of all you dusty bulletin subscribers :))

~*Amy*~

"Gimme a vhiskey" - Greta Garbo.

Basically I'm a drag queen myself -
Dusty Springfield
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  08:39:35  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EarthboundGypsy

But I think it is gorgeous, makes me jealous of all you dusty bulletin subscribers :))

~*Amy*~

"Gimme a vhiskey" - Greta Garbo.

Basically I'm a drag queen myself -
Dusty Springfield

Don't be jealous Amy........SUBSCRIBE!!!!

Here's Paul Howes' e-mail address in relation to the Dusty Springfield Bulletin.

dustybulletin@aol.com

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

ruthdavis
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
734 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  23:04:08  Show Profile Send ruthdavis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not seen this picture before. The ability to convey so much with just a look! I think Dusty would have made a great actress.
Go to Top of Page

marg
Sweet Inspiration

2686 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  09:42:18  Show Profile Send marg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruthdavis

I think Dusty would have made a great actress.

Well,she was in The Springfields.

marg x

Oh tell me why,I don't like Mondays The Springfields!
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  22:40:14  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 'eyes' definitely have it...

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Alex Forhermusic
Wishing And Hoping

172 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  20:07:09  Show Profile Send Alex Forhermusic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, dear DSN people, with all the momentum of nightly visits to the forum (Rome?), behind me, I subscribed this afternoon and spontaneously mentioned the DSN when doing so, didn't have to be told (relief). Am keenly waiting No63 which Paul says is in the post today/tomorrow.

Alex
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  20:14:14  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Forhermusic

I subscribed this afternoon and spontaneously mentioned the DSNwhen doing so, didn't have to be told (relief). Am keenly waiting No63 which Paul says is in the post today/tomorrow.

Alex

Well Alex, I have been told I fall in love too easily but hell...here we go again .

Seriously, you won't be disappointed. A 'Dusty' fan will find the Bulletin's subscription rate well worth it .

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2007 :  22:22:49  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay!....Good on ya, Alex!...

...and thanks for reminding me that my subs are due.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  23:44:03  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, here it is......The Dusty Springfield Bulletin frontpage, November 2007, edition 63. Our thanks again to Paul Howes for allowing us to reproduce the photograph.

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  00:27:36  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ab fab picture of Dusty and the little monkey...

Many thanks to Janie and Paul.

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Alex Forhermusic
Wishing And Hoping

172 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2007 :  21:39:16  Show Profile Send Alex Forhermusic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Fred Perry article (Part One) on pp. 8-10 is reason enough to have subscribed. It read like a 'period' insight into the workings , ways and woes of life with Dusty. Looking at the photo of the 'luverly pair' , as she herself called them, taken in 1963, my first thought was, 'You're the luckiest man on Earth at that moment .

Alex - Forhermusic
Go to Top of Page

sparkie
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
647 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  00:49:59  Show Profile Send sparkie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Forhermusic

The Fred Perry article (Part One) on pp. 8-10 is reason enough to have subscribed. It read like a 'period' insight into the workings , ways and woes of life with Dusty. Looking at the photo of the 'luverly pair' , as she herself called them, taken in 1963, my first thought was, 'You're the luckiest man on Earth at that moment .

Alex - Forhermusic
I loved the FP article; what an amazing time (both good and bad) he must have had with our Dust! Can't wait for the next part!

I think luckiest person would better as I'm sure then, as now, there were/are a lot of women thinking that too!!!
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  16:53:21  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sparkie

I think luckiest person would better as I'm sure then, as now, there were/are a lot of women thinking that too!!!

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2008 :  15:00:19  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Continuing our Dusty Springfield Bulletin front covers.

The Dusty Springfield Bulletin No. 64 (March 2008)

Ain't she gorgeous?

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  22:21:08  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember an article in Rave Magazine with Dusty and that little monkey back in the 60's. I sure wish I still had that magazine. How do I put this, the little monkey relieved itself on top of Dusty's head. It's said that when animals do this, they feel very comfortable with you. The story goes that the little monkey was sent to Dusty by a fan, but she couldn't keep it because of her busy schedule.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Memphis
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
633 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  22:29:34  Show Profile Send Memphis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow Janie - she sure is. What a lovely photo.

Ever since we met you've had a hold on me. It's crazy but it's true...
Go to Top of Page

pandy063
Wishing And Hoping

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  22:46:43  Show Profile Send pandy063 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous! Simply.

pandy063

Guess Who?
Go to Top of Page

pandy063
Wishing And Hoping

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2008 :  22:50:05  Show Profile Send pandy063 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I get the the bulletin through Paul Howes and the DSB now!

Thank you!

pandy063
quote:
Originally posted by Janie

The young beautiful Dusty...

For those of you who may be interested in the Bulletin I've put the link below

dustybulletin@aol.com

It is a publication which comes out 3 times a year and contains all sorts of info - upcoming projects, wonderful photos, articles, letters, items to purchase etc etc.

Dare I suggest that if you do end up subscribing...you mention the Dusty Springfield Network (You must be logged in to see this link.) in passing?!

Janie xx

Guess Who?
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  23:26:55  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Continuing our Dusty Springfield Bulletin front covers.

The Dusty Springfield Bulletin No. 65 (July 2008)

Another wonderful edition

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Memphis
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
633 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2008 :  01:08:38  Show Profile Send Memphis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this cover photo.

I'd recommend the Dusty Springfield Bulletin to everyone here. It's always full of new Dusty related articles and old reprinted material that you just won't find anywhere else unless you collected everything in the 60s and 70s. You also get access to exclusive CDs, videos and DVDs.

This current Bulletin includes a re-print of a 1965 article that Dusty apparently wrote herself for the Woman's Own magazine. In this she tells us about her life so far and what drives her and how it is to be so famous. I've never ever read anything that was written by Dusty before so this is an absolute treasure.

Memphis
Ever since we met...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.2 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2