The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty Gallery
 Dusty Springfield Bulletin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2008 :  19:17:10  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is nice to read something that Dusty wrote.

There is more to come in the next issue too.

Paul is also offering a 2009 caender providing he get enough interest..so please buy it cause I want one and it would be awful if this didn't get off the ground.
I haven't read all the Bulletin yet...something for tomorrow.

Any other thought ....?

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  09:19:24  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly the news in the latest bulletin is that it will close after the next issue (around MArch 2009).

I have written to Paul thanking him for all the hard work he has put into all his products over the years, the cd's the bulletin, the videos, dvd's, pictures etc: I just feel that our lifeline with Dusty has now gone, well almost!

More bad news is that Universal have no plans for releasing anything for the 10th Anniversary, talk about consideration for their artists!
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  17:07:15  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this an an on-line Bulletin? or is it something sent through the post?
What about adapting the forum to accommodate this? or something similar? for a small fee which can be used for the flower fund and charity events? seems a shame for this to end altogether when so many have looked forward to its publication.

Gill

"What you gonna say in private"
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2008 :  17:32:44  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill

Is this an an on-line Bulletin? or is it something sent through the post?
What about adapting the forum to accommodate this? or something similar? for a small fee which can be used for the flower fund and charity events? seems a shame for this to end altogether when so many have looked forward to its publication.

Gill

"What you gonna say in private"

Its a publication in magazine format sent through the post, three times a year, Gill.

Nice thought re how the DSN can in some way respond to the cessation of publication of the DSB. We do of course have our very own tribute site which Vera has put together for us all to enjoy. I trust she won't mind my blowing her own trumpet for her but she is in the process of developing some exciting new features as well.......possibly addressing your thought?

Take a look at You must be logged in to see this link.

.......you will find a biography, videos, photo gallery, discography, wallpapers, news, links, a 'fan map', article archive, fanbase, 'where to get' section, a quotes section...... Currently under construcyion are sections titles 'Dusty traces', 'Recalling Dusty', 'Trivia', 'Fanbase reports'. Also of course you can get to this forum via the tribute site and vice versa (see top of the forum homepage ).

Exciting times here on the DSN. Don't forget of course this is very much a members forum so if you have any ideas about what you may want to see on the tribute site or contributions you want to make please fire away/get posting .

I'd certainly like to say how great it is to see many new members on the forum in recent weeks - I hope you can encourage some of us old hands to revisit our Dusty memories (no pun intended )......we only need a slight prod and there will be no stopping us I guess!

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2