The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty Gallery
 Brand new avatars!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Corinna
Wishing And Hoping

Sweden
127 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2006 :  19:51:35  Show Profile Send Corinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look! We have brand new avatars! And so many, everyone can get her/his own! (Ouch, my hand aches from the copy and paste...)

Love, Corinna xx

David
Wishing And Hoping

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  00:51:34  Show Profile Send David a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wonderful! This is mine. Hands off!

David
Go to Top of Page

marg
Sweet Inspiration

2686 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  01:50:16  Show Profile Send marg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh David,you're sooo possessive.

Thanks Vera for MY new avatar,aptly called,well... Marg's Avatar.

marg x
Go to Top of Page

David
Wishing And Hoping

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  02:54:50  Show Profile Send David a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marg

Ooh David,you're sooo possessive.

Thanks Vera for MY new avatar,aptly called,well... Marg's Avatar.

marg x

Being possessive is one of the hallmarks of being Taurus, dear, it's our thing.

Meanwhile, I wish to thank Vera and ALL THE OTHER MODERATORS, for my avatar. I've just received an email declaring it to be "David's and only David's avatar". It wasn't really necessary, but, thank you dear moderators of the new currently unnamed site for thinking of me, calling an emergency meeting, and making it official. You're the best!

xxoxox

David
Go to Top of Page

Rima
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
96 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  12:29:28  Show Profile Send Rima a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEE! Thank you!

luv,

Rima

'I've learned to hug people and give them some love and not expect anything back' -- Dusty, 1995
Go to Top of Page

Robin S
Brand New Me

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  17:59:36  Show Profile Send Robin S a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! They're wonderful. I had a hard time picking one before and now there are MORE.

Robin
Go to Top of Page

njbecky
Wishing And Hoping

USA
162 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  21:06:18  Show Profile Send njbecky a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, they're great and very exciting. I chose mine because I have always liked the series of pix that were taken of La Dust from that photo shoot. She seemed very calm and relaxed (and oh-so-sexy!) that day!

Becky
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  22:25:04  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for postin' all the avatars of our Dusty Corinna.....great to see some new photos!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Baazigar
Brand New Me

5 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2006 :  23:17:22  Show Profile Send Baazigar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the range...just shows how many wonderful 'looks' our Dusty worked!
;-)
Go to Top of Page

cas19
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
71 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2006 :  18:32:37  Show Profile Send cas19 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou for my new avater I chose it cos it just Dusty how I remember her.

Casx
Go to Top of Page

andyp
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  03:22:12  Show Profile Send andyp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a photo of me and Dusty that I used as my avatar on the old DSC. How can I use that, moderators?

Andyp
Go to Top of Page

Corinna
Wishing And Hoping

Sweden
127 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  21:40:41  Show Profile Send Corinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You just e-mail the picture to me at corinnamuller (at) hotmail.com, and I'll fix it, andyp!

Love, Corinna xx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2006 :  22:48:39  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[URL=http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m174/Bowiemountain/?action=view¤t=MOV00612.flv][/URL]
Can I have premission to use this?
Go to Top of Page

Corinna
Wishing And Hoping

Sweden
127 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2006 :  23:01:20  Show Profile Send Corinna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nicky, you're bonkers. Which makes you particularly fit to participate in this community. Of course you can choose that as an avatar! It's called Dusty50!

Love, Corinna xx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2006 :  00:59:06  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Corinna,
Thanks for your help!
Thanks also to Annimac and Jonathan - the joint owners of one fabulous piece of Dusty memorabilia.
XoXoXo
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2006 :  08:13:42  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice avatar Nicky...Hearthstone Edge!

I demand that we are told The 'Tale Of The Battered Trophy'...

CRx
Go to Top of Page

David
Wishing And Hoping

USA
698 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2006 :  08:33:31  Show Profile Send David a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Carole R is your avatar Dusty as "Tzeitl" in Fiddler on the Roof?

David
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2006 :  16:15:59  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMIGOD Nicky! LOL!!

Love Jonathan (owner of said fireplace)
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2006 :  17:22:01  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I plead for the 'Tale Of The Battered Trophy'...Pretty please!

Carole R.
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2006 :  01:04:56  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, my fabulous new avatar's story is simple.
After Dusty died, there was an auction in London (I forget the details now, either Bonhams or Sotheby's). Lots in the auction included a Pulp Fiction gold disc, some items of clothing; jackets and shoes, some of Dusty's personal record collection, some photos, of Nicholas the cat, some baubles, bangles and beads. Some other lots in the auction included some of Dusty's many music awards. The biggest one of which was apparently used by Dusty as a door stop. It's so bashed about, I can well believe that Dusty did use it as a door stop. She probably tripped over it many a time when taking the rubbish out. Dusty obviously had no regard for awards, but found a good use for this one. It's got so much character, rather like it's owner (both past and present). I was delighted to find it during the alternative Dusty Day, in Jonathan's fireplace.

Edited by - Littlebylittle on 29/09/2006 01:05:57
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2006 :  11:53:58  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am blushing, Nicky!

The cup was presented to Dusty at the NME awards in 1966 when she was voted best World and best British singer.... and it's mine!!

Love Jonathan
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2