The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Song Of The Day
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  21:01:19  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message
As we all LOVE music so much here I thought maybe we can have a thread where a member can post song of their choice for each day of the week. It may be a special song to you, ya might have it whirling around in your head (like me) and need somewhere to play it.

Whatever the reason, feel free to post a song right here for us to enjoy.

Today's choice is...........

Proud Mary- Tina and Ike Turner You must be logged in to see this link.

Emz xXx

Edited by - Motown Diva on 29/11/2008 21:01:56

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  22:29:12  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.
Diva, this was groovy idea. I picked Where Is A Woman To Go...
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  20:49:26  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message
Perfect choice Bambi

Emz xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  22:06:54  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Today's pick is Soft Core. Lol, Soft Core & Where Is A Woman To Go are fighting neck & neck with each other to be my favorite song above all others. Where's A Woman To Go hits home for me cause, to me, it's the epitome of the blues. I know I certainly drink enough to drown an elephant when I get my heart broken or I get depressed. Soft Core, however, hit's a raw nerve like no other song has hit me before. The best way I can explain it is like this: If my friends & family were able to write down their feelings about the way I've been in my past, well, they would've written the song Soft Core word for word. I must say, Emma, Proud Mary was a fabulous choice as well. I like the Creedence Clearwater Revival version as well but Tina's version had alot more soul in it. It reminded me of Dusty & her love of horns. Lol, that woman definitly loved her horns & string sections! The majority of her discography is dominated by what sounds like an orchestra. I love it though, as long as I can hear that voice made of warm honey & velvet then I am satisfied in more ways than one....XOXO
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  23:56:12  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message
Always on my mind - Pet shop boys.

Love the Pet Shop Boys, Dusty was so lucky to have been associated with them. Performing with the Pet Shop Boys is my dream.

Respect

Gill
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  21:20:11  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Today's choice is the sexy Melissa Etheridge & the even sexier Joss Stone singing a Janis Joplin medley. Cry Baby & Piece Of My Heart. Man, when I saw Melissa come out on stage & she'd lost her hair due to the chemotherapy, I almost passed out. The woman was getting chemo because of her breast cancer, she was sick from the chemo, the poor woman was not having a good year. Yet, she had the courage to come out on stage in front of a live audience & sing her heart out like she'd never done before & the audience LOVED it! Aw, man, Melissa just rocks like no one else (she only comes in 2nd to Dusty)& she's so much better than most of the "artists" in today's music. Well, if you can call what people make these days is music, lol, it's more like "headache givers". Lol, sorry, here's the video....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2008 :  11:37:14  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message
My choice for today is.............

Tell Him- The Exciters

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  19:39:27  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
The choice for me,today, has got be Syrup & Honey by Duffy

This is on hell of a song & done beautifully by Duffy.....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  00:14:39  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message
Gabriella Cilmi - Warm This Winter - New Christmas Song!

Not so sure if I like this but its a catchy little song.

Gill

"What you gonna say in private"
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  01:36:56  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Emma, isn't "Tell Him" the song Dusty was talking about in her interview that she heard in New York & declared "THAT'S IT! That's what I want to do!"?....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  12:59:41  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by kajunbaby23

Emma, isn't "Tell Him" the song Dusty was talking about in her interview that she heard in New York & declared "THAT'S IT! That's what I want to do!"?....BambiXOXO

Yes Bambi, that's absolutely right. If you manage to get hold of a copy of the 'Full Circle' dvd, she talks about it during the interview......infact, there is the full 'Full Circle' documentary on here somewhere, I'll find it for you if you like?

Emz xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  13:12:16  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Of course! Lol, what am I going to say to a chance to watch Dusty, "no"?
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  13:58:15  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message

Ok, my choice for today is:

Lulu- Shout

....that staircase looks very familar doesn't it?

Emz xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  14:09:46  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Holy hell, she was only 15?! That's a very mature voice for a 15 year old. Well, I guess it shouldn't surprise me. Tanya Tucker was 13 when she sang Delta Dawn, LeeAnn Rimes was 13 when she sang Blue, & Joss Stone was 14 when she came across the pond. Anyway, I like her voice & that's a very groovy song in general....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  14:22:19  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Okay, my choice for today is actually one of my favorite songs of all time, I have been listening to this song for as long as I can remember. It's also my daddy's favorite....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  14:26:17  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Lol, my bad, I forgot to tell ya'll the name of the song! It's Unchained Melody by the Righteous Brothers.
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  10:04:42  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
I am posting 2 videos today, I hope it's alright, I just couldn't choose between the 2. Okay, I am posting this one for my friends that are unfamiliar with what it means to be a "Redneck Woman". If you want to know who I am or what I'm like then all you have to do is watch this video & listen to this song. It explains EVERYTHING about me....XOXO

The second is in light of everything going on in the U.S. today, I figured it was appropriate....XOXO
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  10:09:39  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Good lord, ya'll have to forgive me, I keep forgetting to say the names of the songs & artists. The first one is Redneck Woman by Gretchen Wilson & the second one is Amen By Kid Rock. Please watch them both, especially the second one, you just can't say it any better than Kid Rock says it in that song. I promise it will give you goosebumps & make a lump rise in your throat.....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  00:14:36  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
Today's pick is Elvis "If I Can Dream"...XOXO
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  00:57:45  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message
LOL, Emma, I just let my 5 year old son watch Ike & Tina's Proud Mary & he said "mommy, I like when they shake their bootys"....BambiXOXO
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  10:25:05  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message
Oh my, this is such a beautiful song. I haven't listened to it for AGES, but it was so wonderufl to hear it again, I've gone all misty-eyed.

So, my choice for today is: I Just Fall In Love Again- Anne Murray and Dusty

....Btw, I was looking really close at the pics of Anne, and OMG in some of them she reminds me so much of the late Jill Dando. Anyone else agree?

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 6.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2