The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Support
 no emailing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  04:01:50  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,

I have my preference settings as: "Receive e-mail notification of private messages".

This has been my setting since joining this forum. However, I have never received any email notifications for received private messages. I have received several private messages during my time at this forum.

My email address is current.

What is wrong?

Regards,
Geoff

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  10:43:44  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Geoff,

Some while back now this issue was highlighted and dealt with. Looks like its back to plague us once again. I'll ask Vera to contact forumco.com to see whats happened. Something peculiar has happened because I still get e-mail notification so it does work - the key is going to be discovering why things have changed because I suspect it might only be affecting newer members.

Would any of our longer term members please advise here if they get e-mail advice of PM messages please?

Cheers me dears

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  11:28:00  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Janie, the strange thing is I received my first email alert this evening with regard to the private message which you sent me today. I wonder if the problem stems from the private messages being sent from a particular user?
Go to Top of Page

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  11:41:54  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Janie,

Pardon my ignorance, I see you are the administrator of this forum, but who is Vera and what role does she take at this forum?

Thanks,
Geoff
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  12:10:36  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Janie it recently worked for me when you and Bambi both sent PMs.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  00:32:47  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm having a look into the whole e-mail thing... I'm definitely gonna come back to you on this!

PS: I'm the one who gets to solve all the server jigsaws and errors on this site
Go to Top of Page

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  11:44:23  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vera for the posting. You must be a clever person to tackle the jigsaw! *L*
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  15:03:39  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by latetoappreciate

Hello Janie,

Pardon my ignorance, I see you are the administrator of this forum, but who is Vera and what role does she take at this forum?

Thanks,
Geoff

Geoff, Vera I notice was somewhat modest in as much as she didn't tell you that she is the one responsible for putting together our most wonderful tribute site You must be logged in to see this link. to which the DSN is linked. In a nutshell, without our Vera, there wouldn't have been a DSN for us all to enjoy .

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  20:22:55  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Janie for the info.

Vera, put your hand up and take the credit.....Well done!

Regards,
Geoff
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  19:11:47  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay I had a look and despite it being possible I will have to leave the service deactivated as it would lead to severe disruptions and slowness on the forum. We would generate a lot more data traffic that way, which would have a negative effect on our general speed. Sorry, wish I could have returned with better news. But I can recommend clicking on the orange XML button at the far end of the main forum page. That at least gives you a main overview over the most recent active topics.

Vera x
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2008 :  22:53:22  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vera

Okay I had a look and despite it being possible I will have to leave the service deactivated as it would lead to severe disruptions and slowness on the forum. We would generate a lot more data traffic that way, which would have a negative effect on our general speed. Sorry, wish I could have returned with better news. But I can recommend clicking on the orange XML button at the far end of the main forum page. That at least gives you a main overview over the most recent active topics.

Vera x

Vera - isn't this the response to Geoff's other query about 'Subscribing to a thread'? This particualar query relates to not receiving an e-mail notification when somebody sends a PM to you.

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  00:56:37  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Vera and Janie for the replies.

Regards,
Geoff
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 17/12/2008 :  22:32:51  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, sorry!
Stupid me, I mixed up the threads. Thanks for pointing it out Janie! There is me the expert getting lost on my own forum

The next round is on me guys !

Vera x
Go to Top of Page

latetoappreciate
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
259 Posts

Posted - 23/12/2008 :  02:35:40  Show Profile Send latetoappreciate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see a round of drinks sent in cyberspace! *L*
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.91 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2