The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 What's made you smile today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2009 :  17:21:15  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My heart is smiling right now & it's all because someone dedicated the perfect song to me. They will never know how much it means to me, they are always in my thoughts & in my heart....XOXO

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  12:45:28  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Receiving my name change via "Deed Poll", Gosh it looks and feels good!
No Ive not changed it to "Dusty" although it was very tempting! LOL...

Gill

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  18:30:44  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What?!....so, you were never Gill to begin with? You've fooled us all this time?

So, who are you now then 'Gill'?

Emz xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  18:31:48  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went to see Fast and Furious....great movie, some gorgeous cars...need I say more?

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2009 :  00:00:16  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am getting lit up like a christmas tree! What's 'at you say, Bambi is getting drunk on Good Friday?! *GASPS* Well, ya'll know what a heathen I am! I am goin to Hell in a handbasket, 'ats right! At least I'll be listening to The Great Lady on the way...

I have discovered a NEW alcohol, ya'll! It's by Wild Turkey & it's called American Honey. It tastes amazing, I think it just might take the place of my Southern Comfort....

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  03:20:52  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My mother had me in stiches this morning.
We were pulling into a carspace and the person in the car in the next bay suddenly swung their door open. So mum breaks and just misses the door, but already in a bad mood, yells from her open window "be careful you old woman" well from behind, I agree with her, it did look like an old woman but when the person turned around it was a man sporting a rather large handel-bar mustache too! HE turns around walks up to the window and starts saying something, well I wasn't even paying attention but he didn't look happy, all I could do with laugh. I was in absolute hysterics in the front seat, and my mother was trying not laugh but doing a poor job of it. He eventually walked away, just as he did though "walk like a man" came on the radio, which made us laugh even harder but he turned around and gave both of us an eveil glare but we were to busy laughing to care!

That's when my mama decided to start singing along to the high-parts of the song...that's when I ran out of the car...good choice really!

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  07:50:35  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeing the video of Katy Setterfield singing AISIY from last Sunday!

Marty :)
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  08:13:29  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Motown Diva

What?!....so, you were never Gill to begin with? You've fooled us all this time?

Emz xXx

Sorry Emz didn't catch this one before...LOL... I really want to get married again at some point in the future and when I do... I want to be married in my former maiden name so I have simply reverted back. I'm still Gill btw... x

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2009 :  08:28:45  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Darian receiving her passport has made me smile today... gosh they sure do take their time in America...
Trans-Atlantic crossings here we come!

Gill
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 30/04/2009 :  20:49:03  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill

[quote]Originally posted by Motown Diva

Emz xXx

Sorry Emz didn't catch this one before...LOL... I really want to get married again at some point in the future and when I do... I want to be married in my former maiden name so I have simply reverted back. I'm still Gill btw... x

Oh right, I see. It's lovely that you feel so strongly about wanting to get married again....personally, I'm still unsure as to whether I could make that commitment...I'm too much of a free spirit!.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  00:26:26  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're telling me that if you found your soulmate you wouldn't spend the rest of your life with them, Emma?

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  15:27:22  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its kind of ironic ... when your single you long to be married and when married long to be single...
I cannot imagine anyone asking me to marry them for real. but its nice to be prepared...
To have most of the things marriage brings you certainly dont have to get married but if you meet your soul mate like Bambi suggests then watchout... you will know when you feel like you have been walking in an empty city all your life ...... and then suddenly there appears another human being! woah.... what a feeling..

Gill x
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  17:25:10  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill

Its kind of ironic ... when your single you long to be married and when married long to be single...
I cannot imagine anyone asking me to marry them for real. but its nice to be prepared...
To have most of the things marriage brings you certainly dont have to get married but if you meet your soul mate like Bambi suggests then watchout... you will know when you feel like you have been walking in an empty city all your life ...... and then suddenly there appears another human being! woah.... what a feeling..

Gill x

Yeah, I guess you're right Gill. Still, one cannot claim to have, or still longed to be married- whilst it can be agreed there are so many wonderful sides to marriage, there are downfalls too. Ok, so that's the same with most things in life, but one assumes that something as sacred as that once broken cannot be mended the same again...although I believe that resides with the nature of the individual.

Emma- always the bridesmaid but never the bride!

xXx
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  02:36:40  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Motown Diva

xXx

AWWWWW! Em that can be changed! I'd like to see the day you find a very handsome man keeling in front of you. You'll be wondering why you ever said that...

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  13:10:42  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I guess you're right Gill. Still, one cannot claim to have, or still longed to be married- whilst it can be agreed there are so many wonderful sides to marriage, there are downfalls too. Ok, so that's the same with most things in life, but one assumes that something as sacred as that once broken cannot be mended the same again...although I believe that resides with the nature of the individual.

The nature of this individual is to Love and be loved... I listen deeply to my body and to what its saying... my emotional state is right there ... and so are the natural healing processes.. it is essential that we find the right person, and this can take a lifetime of disappointments, I envy those that get it right the fist time!!!
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  14:12:14  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by streepalicious

quote:
Originally posted by Motown Diva

xXx

AWWWWW! Em that can be changed! I'd like to see the day you find a very handsome man keeling in front of you. You'll be wondering why you ever said that...

Alicex

...to quote a song, 'that'll be the day!'. I agree though Gill, it does seem so perfect for some who can find the 'one' straight away....for those who have had to search for longer I guess there a times when they feel like throwing in the towel!

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  14:13:56  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Something that has made me smile today....I've just had a nice glass of wine...*hiccups*

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  15:42:06  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I decided to wallpaper just the one wall in my bedroom,,, omg not done this in some years.... it could well be upside down... ah well on wards & upwards...

Gill x
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2009 :  16:11:21  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Damn, seems like I missed a whole conversation on love! Not that I'm one to take advice from on that subject anyway.

Still, all you know is how you feel. Your heart will know, like Gill said, it all becomes clear.

And, yes, Emma.....I'd like to see the day that a guy's kneeling in front of you too! I think it'll happen for ya darlin', someone as sweet as you will definitely find the right guy!!!

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

andyp
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  02:47:18  Show Profile Send andyp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A picture my daughter had e-mailed to her showing a rather bedragled penguin looking rather depressed, with the caption "F!!!!! it, I'm Going Home". Very funny.

Andyp
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2