The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 What's made you smile today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

andyp
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  02:52:35  Show Profile Send andyp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talking about changing your name by Deed Poll, in 2005, I needed to get a new passport as I was organising some travel and my old passport had expired.

Firstly, I couldn't get it done through the Post Office as you can in Australia, because they would not recognise my English wedding certificate, and as my birth certificate had my maiden name on it, I had to change my surname from my maiden name to my married name, even though I was married 30 years earlier and am on the taxpayer and electoral roll under my married name.

It meant I had to give up my very original birth certificate from 1947 which I had kept all those years. I was very annoyed about that.
Had I not let my passport lapse, I wouldn't have had to go through all that.

Isn't that beaurocracy gone crazy!!!

Andyp

quote:
Originally posted by Gill

Receiving my name change via "Deed Poll", Gosh it looks and feels good!
No Ive not changed it to "Dusty" although it was very tempting! LOL...

Gill

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  19:32:29  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeing my dog sunbathing...bless him!

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  23:49:30  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Michel's gone back to the boat & I'm happier'n hell!!!

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  12:37:38  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hearing Dusty come on the radio always lifts my spirit...higher and higher

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  12:45:46  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Motown Diva

Seeing my dog sunbathing...bless him!

Emma xXx

He'll never tan with all the fur !!!
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2009 :  12:53:04  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knowing that it's the weekend!

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  14:34:25  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Knowing that at the moment I have Monday afternoons to myself. That, and the fact I was able to get a nice easy parking space this morning with very little traffic- always a bonus.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  20:16:12  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My daughter calling into my workplace with a bar of chocolate for me,, hummm ... and she wasn't after anything for once! maybe that will come later?

Gill x x x

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2009 :  22:00:46  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll get back to ya'll on this one....

"Scars Are Tattoos With Better Stories"
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  18:02:43  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The fact that I'll be getting my Dusty t-shirts in a few days! Very excited, they are going to look fab...I hope

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2009 :  23:42:52  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Talking to my Emma-nemma when I needed it the most....

Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  09:44:36  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The fact that I'll be getting my Dusty t-shirts in a few days! Very excited, they are going to look fab...I hope

Emma xXx

What T's are they Emma?
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  21:27:35  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reputation

quote:

Emma xXx

What T's are they Emma?

One is a t-shirt I won off ebay, the other is one I had made from an ebay company.

The one arrived today! It looks simply....Dusty! When I have a moment, I will post a picture. I will finally be outly displaying my great affection towards Miss. Springfield and her music.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2009 :  21:03:10  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Last night I went out to eat at a restaurant with several of my friends. One of my friends, Jane, who is retired but works part time at Publix (a very large supermarket chain in several southern states in the US and rated among the best in the country for it's excellent customer service and quality). Ok back to my story. She shared a funny yet a bit unconfortable experience that happened to her while she was working on the check out line earlier in the day.

She was working on the express lane, 10 items or less. One woman had 11 items to be checked out. The woman behind her told her, that she did not belong on the line because she had 11 items! Without losing a beat she replied but I will only have 10 items after I shove one item up your ass!! (Hope that didn't offend anyone).

She said she had a very hard time keep a straight face. There were two other people behind them and they both cracked up. She finally cracked up when they both left. I told her I probably would have gotten fired that day not being able to control myself, as I'm sure I would have been rolling on the floor laughing!

Marty :))

Edited by - Earthbound Gypsy on 29/09/2009 23:30:28
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  17:40:49  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LMAO! Marty that was great! Reading that made me smile AND laugh! Lol, she must've been an older woman cause I've heard when you get older you just don't give **** no more. Good Lord have mercy man, I don't give a damn NOW, lol, I hate to see when I get older! I have to say though, the older generation does deserve to be respected cause of their age in alot of ways. I'm a firm believer that I respect someone cause they return the respect to me, not cause they've simply been on this earth longer than I have. Still, I do respect them cause of their age. Lol, after all the years ya'll have been on this earth ya'll deserve respect! Ya'll have put up with a whole helluva lot more than us young'uns have! Don't worry though, lol, we're seriously on our own way. Ya'll have passed the torch to my generation. Mama keeps telling me that she may've passed the torch but her torch ain't completely burnt out yet so I need to keep my smart mouth shut. Lol I love my mama.....

Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2009 :  18:20:55  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I, too, was taught to respect my elders Bambi, but I have to admit that there are some out there that you just can't repect no matter what. I also heard the same thing that the older you get you just don't give a **** as you put it! Guess I'm not that old yet because I still care :))

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  16:09:20  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Thanks for sharing that Marty, that really has made me smile today.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  18:10:17  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Friday has arrived, which means tomorrow I can have a nice lie in! Been hard at it all week.

...Oh, and my other Dusty t-shirt arrived yesterday, will post pics tomorrow.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2009 :  18:50:00  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think we need some of those for sure! Thanks Frans, made me smile too it did.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2009 :  02:39:07  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frans would you please translate?

Marty:))
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2