The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Pets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  09:00:19  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought it was fair that our creatures got their own thread!
I would love to hear about all of your pets, or if you wanna share a photo, that would be lovely too!

Alicex

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  09:09:55  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll get the ball rolling with my pets then!

Here's my German Shepherd, Phoenix. The big man in the family!

His half sister Rosetta.

And my little boy Cinnamon, the worlds most annoying bird!

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2669 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  09:12:35  Show Profile Send Brian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have 4 dogs - Dusty, Tom, Dodger and Cheeky.
Dusty is the oldest (14), and arrived in 1999 just after the real Dusty passed away.She is a beautiful dog with a glorois gingery coloured coat. She's a 'sort of labrador/57 varieties. Tom or 'Tom-Tom' arrived in 2004. He's a pekenese who only has 3 teeth, a complete mind of his own and is the only one who barks at everyone!
Cheeky came last August from a dog rescue centre. She's a Jack Russell with bags of energy and a will to lick everybody.
Dodger arrived one week before Cheeky from the same centre. He's a labrador cross with a husky, and is the most beautiful dog - such a loving animal, always wagging his tail. He just loves to 'relax' all the time, but goes mad when he goes for walks. All 4 are loved unconditionally. If I new HOW to post photographs - I would!

Brian
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  09:44:38  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They sound like lovely doggies! Very cute and very well looked after!
Here Brian, Janie explains for the less computer technical of us!
You must be logged in to see this link.

Just to explain, the woman in my first photo isn't me! It's Debbi, a family friend and also the dog breeder. Phoenix and Rosie love her, they go board with her in the Southern Highlands when we go away...and get spoilt rotten!

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  10:54:12  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL well I would hope that the woman in the pic ain't you, no offense, but she sure don't look like she's in high school!!! Speaking of which, are we ever gonna get to see a picture of you?

You have a dog named Phoenix, Al? You didn't tell me that. Guess great minds think a like!

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  12:40:18  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Just incase someone did think it was me! Clearing the air a bit! Besides me and the camera ain't exactly the bestest friends (meaing I detest having my photo taken) I'll see if I can find a good photo of me to post soon!

Ah, great minds do! Though, my mum and my sister were the ones who named Phoenix, I named Rosetta after my childhood teddy bear Teddy Rosetta. Hey, they let me choose what to name the new dog, I was 7 at the time!

You have dogs don't you Bambi? Or Cats?

Alicex

Edited by - streepalicious on 22/04/2009 14:40:55
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  15:18:27  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want a puppy!

Janie x55
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 22/04/2009 :  16:38:51  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't want to sound pushy about the pic, & I'm sorry if I do. I know a good number of members don't really care to put their pics on here, either that or they just don't know how to post them on here. Still, I just love finally being able to put faces to the posts when I do see a pic of someone. I get it that you don't like having your pic taken, sounds like you're channeling The Great Lady a bit, eh? My old man is the same way, though, he hates having his pic taken. So, even though I would LOVE to see what you look like, Al, I won't force the issue. No rush, homie!!!

You know somethin', when I was going through my Spice Girls obessession, I read that when Victoria first hooked up with David, they had like 3 dogs. One of them was named Bambi! Not that I felt great about a dog having my name, but, believe me, I considered it an honor & down right privilage to have the same name as one of my Spice heros!

Don't feel bad, Al, for a 7 year old you gave the pup a great name! When I was 6 my parents got me a cat & let me name it,.....I named it Slimebucket! I've also had a raccoon named Popcicle (he was wild & mean. Daddy caught him in his lunch box at work one day & brought him home), a trained raccoon named Emily, two birds named Pepper & Baby. Pepper was named for his obvious love of red peppers & if you put your lips up to his beak, he's lick your lips with his tongue & would set your mouth on fire!!! I HATED Baby, who was my mama's bird. That damn sqwakbox would bite me every chance he got! Mama would let him out of the cage & it NEVER failed, that bird would fly STRAIGHT FOR ME, swoop down, land on my head & peck the hell outta me! When we moved from Baton Rouge to North Louisiana mama let him out of his cage to get some exercise before the long ride,LOL.....he flew away outside! PRAISE JESUS!

She somehow managed to blame me, though, when I was nowhere near the damn thing!

Yeah, I had a cat named Onyx (R.I.P), but not too long ago we got a red & white Boston Terrier named Lizzie. She's more of my mama's dog, though. My paw-in-law has a boxer named Trudy who, by the way, just had a litter of EIGHT puppies! Lol, you can come get one of these pups, Janie! Michael had pick of the litter. Get this ya'll: Michael is gone for 28 days at a time & he's home for 2 weeks. I told him that I didn't mind him having a dog, but he wasn't gonna be home long enough to really do anything with it. He said that he was gonna train it right & take care of it. I said that that was the point, he wasn't gonna be home long enough to train it right. He has the gumption to tell me "well, that's where you come in"! He told me that he expects me to feed it, bathe it, groom it, take it to the vet, and all 'at jazz....but he told me that I didn't have the right to name it! It was HIS dog.

Sounds more like it's gonne be MY dog! I, of course, wanted to name the dog Dusty. Him & my father-in-law told me that "Dusty" was a "gay" name for a dog! WTF?! So I told him fine, I was going to name the dog Hellhound. He said that that name was a more "suitable" for dog that was gonna be "his". THE NERVE....

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  02:09:28  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everybody meet Hellhound...

Go to Top of Page

andyp
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
233 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  02:44:50  Show Profile Send andyp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to tell you all about our cat, Bobby, named because he was black with white underbelly and white tips of paws (i.e. bobbysox) but we lost him to old age and ill health last September aged 19. I still miss him terribly and I am sure Dusty would have loved him, as she would have loved all our pets.

Andyp
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  07:17:20  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well at least you had 19 good years with him Andy!

And Bambs, THAT IS THE FREAKIN' CUTEST PUPPY I'VE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!! Look at its little patch eye!

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  10:48:18  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the smallest member of my family, Jet.

...catching the rays as usual!

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2009 :  17:41:19  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awww, that's a cute pup you got there, Emma! How long have ya'll had it?

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2009 :  21:07:31  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We got Jet about 5 years ago from a rescue home. He had been badly treated, and was practically emaciated when we first saw him- there was hardly any of his coat left, as the staff had to cut it off due to it getting matted. You could count every rib and bone along his body...it was horrible.

Still, we fell for him. It has been hard work to get him to trust humans again, and he is still very much insecure with those outside of his realm. As a dog of maturing years, he is still very active and LOVES playing outside with his ragdoll. He goes for long walks everyday, and curls up on your lap when he's had enough (loud snores the ascend into the atmosphere as his lordship takes a snooze).

Mind you, talk about personality! As with many of you who have pets, you get to know how they respond- their own little nuances/quierks. When Jet gets a cob on, you know about it! He just slinks around and gives you deathly stares with his eyes....but I wouldn't change him for the world.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2009 :  02:02:18  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awwww, he sounds like a little gem, Emmie. I love the fact that he's a black poodle. He's beautiful. I hate it that he got treated like 'at, poor baby. It makes me angry when I hear things like that. Still, it's a good thing ya'll found him, at least he got a happy ending to his story....

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2009 :  18:41:57  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG I GOT A KITTY! He's an adult male, he's solid grey with hazel eyes...he's beautiful!!! I get home yesterday evening from Texas & my mama says "you see the cat?", I said "what cat?". She said "the cat in the kitchen". I went & looked & didn't see anything. Mama said that my father-in-law's dog, Trudy, had run him up a tree & my daddy called him down. He jumped right into his arms & he brought him in. I gotta go....more later!

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2009 :  00:57:29  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ran someones pet over last week,,, felt rather sick to the stomach!!

Gill x
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  15:50:30  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now have TWO cats! Everyone, let me introduce you to Dusty (black) 'N Memphis (grey) ......

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2009 :  18:32:01  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awwwww, they are lovely

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 25/05/2009 :  07:00:36  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aw cute! And brilliant names....nice pics Bambs!

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  20:44:54  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think i'll make this a sticky thread, so that more members can add photos etc if they so wish.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2