The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Chit-Chat Lounge
 Birthdates and Star Signs..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

liz mason
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 21/11/2008 :  16:32:03  Show Profile Send liz mason a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am an Aries and so was my Father. I am also a Rat!! Dusty was also a redhead really as I was. she loved Wimbledon as I do and she loved cats and guess what ?? so do I. she liked the same music as me and I suppose that is why I like her. I unfortunately cant sing like her,but then noone can. Much as I appreciate people like Katy singing and impersonating her,for me there is only one "Dusty Springfield"
Liz

liz
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  04:49:03  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Liz, I think all of us on the DSN would agree, there's only one Dusty. Wait, Dusty was a redhead? Lol, the hell you say?! Seriously?!
Go to Top of Page

liz mason
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2008 :  13:23:15  Show Profile Send liz mason a Private Message  Reply with Quote
look at her in the Lana sister days and you will see the red hair(even though its black and white film!! ) anyway her wigs were all pretty wild I suppose. I liked her image the last few years of her life when she became less flamboyant in the hair dept. I think she would still be looking good now and I wish she had had more time to enjoy her rekindled career. so much more room for her over the last 10 years than there had been when she tried her previous comeback.

liz
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  22:19:39  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dusty was always looking good, yes. As far as I'm concerned she would've looked good if she'd been wearing a garbage bag for a dress. Lol, I'm not picky when it comes to Dusty...XOXO
Go to Top of Page

xela
Brand New Me

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2008 :  09:44:56  Show Profile Send xela a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kajunbaby23

Dusty was always looking good, yes. As far as I'm concerned she would've looked good if she'd been wearing a garbage bag for a dress. Lol, I'm not picky when it comes to Dusty...XOXO

Agreed!
Go to Top of Page

janmar
Wishing And Hoping

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  18:20:21  Show Profile  Send janmar an AOL message Send janmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am a capricorn sun and moon with cancer rising

They (whomever they are) say you
are as much your rising sign as your sun sign...the rising sign
being which constellation is rising over the horizon as you
are born.
is that right?
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2008 :  23:49:55  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We seem to have a Few Arians on here so I thought I would let you have a few snippets of what 2009 has to offer... its not all that bad Aries!

From the start of the year its a mixed bag for Aries, Jan and Feb finds you in a positive frame of mind & Anxious to get on with things.
March and April bring you into some conflict with family members or friends. Money matters will be variable at this time but you will be able to forge ahead in the way that makes you happiest.

By the time May arrives you will have already have reached your objectives. May and June offer a period of relaxation.

July and August you will make the most of what the summer weather has to offer but don't get involved with family arguments at this time.

Sept and October thing should quieten down. Domestic matters could be somewhat taxing at this stage of the year, extra care is necessary in the way you deal with younger people.

Nov & Dec are likely to be exciting & eventful, a family Christmas is on offer and any resolutions need to be sensible and realistic.

Gill

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  05:05:49  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about the good ol' pisces, Gill? Any good news for us?...

"I'm a Celt, they can't keep me down"
(Dusty)
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  10:38:57  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2009 IS THE YEAR OF THE EARTH OX ~ CHINESE HOROSCOPE STARTS TODAY

You must be logged in to see this link.

Its a bit of fun finding out your Chinese sign on the above link & it doesnt cost anything. It also gives you a daily horoscope for your sign.

Gill x

Go to Top of Page

liz mason
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2009 :  19:44:18  Show Profile Send liz mason a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well I read yesterday that Obama is an ox so that must mean he will have a good first year at least as President. lets hope he does he will need it in this downturn.

liz
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  09:42:55  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
March 9 (YAY! Less then a month now)
I'm a Pisces and apparently I'm a mixture of, easy going, impressionable, selfless, sensitive, naive, artistically abled and dreamy....not the words I would use to describe myself or anyone who knows me would....but, hey, if the stars say it, it must be true!
I really am the more on edge, perfectionist type.....not much slides under my radar!
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  14:05:08  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lol, well, I cannot say the same for myself, Alice. I'm a true blue pisces, I'm all about the "tortured artist" type. Kurt Cobain was a pisces, so was Frances Farmer, Liz Taylor, alot of the greats were. So I'm good with my sign, I'm a pisces to the hilt, they have described me perfectly.

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  16:02:04  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to add YES, Dusty was a natural redhead, Bambi.

Marty

quote:
Originally posted by kajunbaby23

Well, Liz, I think all of us on the DSN would agree, there's only one Dusty. Wait, Dusty was a redhead? Lol, the hell you say?! Seriously?!

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  16:35:53  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What is it with me & redheads all of a sudden? It's like ever since I started listening to Dusty, even before I knew she was a redhead, it's like they've been popping up everywhere *coughs* EMMA. Even my Godson has a reddish tint to his dirty blonde hair! I'm not kiddin', ya'll, they are EVERYWHERE now! And I have NEVER liked red hair. Red is my all time favorite color, yes, but people with carrot top hair have always turned me off. Well, I guess there's a first time for everything. Lol, if anyone could've changed my mind about red hair it's Dusty....

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2009 :  05:20:52  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Bambi....I don't know whether you've seen it over there but down here we had a TV shower called "Summer Hight's High" and since then all red heads have been known as "rangas" because of the apparent similarities to orangutans.....but I'm sure Dusty was the cutest little match head! Lol, but like you said....if anyone could change my mind about red hair its Dusty.....

What star sign would Miss Dusty be then....an aries?
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 20/02/2009 :  13:32:15  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LMAO! Yes, I've seen Summer Heights High! I have satellite television, darlin', I get everything. I also have a BBC channel, nothing but Brits 24/7. It's funny though, I hate red hair, like I'd said before, but ever since Dusty they have been very attractive red heads. It's just odd.

Yes, Dusty was an aries. She has the exact same birthday as my cousin, Charity. April 16th. Lol, I was so giddy & excited when I found that out....

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2009 :  10:37:09  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read many years ago that Dusty's hair colour was titian.

Red hair featured in some of my family, my mum was strawberry blonde and my niece has lovely hair of a similar colour, not your usual "red".
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2009 :  16:52:24  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of my biological mother's sisters & brothers have red hair, not the attractive kind either. Lol, I got lucky & took after my memaw Duncan physically. I got the Native American blood in me, I got the cheek bones & dark brown hair to go with it. One thing I never got, though, my genes are made up of alot of Cajun/Native American blood but I'm as pasty colored as they come! I only get dark when I lay out by our pool in the summer. Why did I not get that olive skin like my other family members? Aw, naw, I couldn't get that lucky. I think it's because I also have alot of Irish/Scottish blood in me. They some pasty folks too...

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 22/02/2009 :  20:01:46  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Motown Diva

My birthday: 13th June- which is still great even if it's on a Friday!

Starsign: Gemini(twins)- which is obviously by far the best sign to be. I think it would have suited Dusty to be a Gemini, as it appeared she carried the persona of 'Dusty' alongside her real self all her life.

Chinese Starsign: Dragon- quite ironic really, as I consider to have a 'fiery' side to me when pushed lol

I was reading my book on Gemini's today,, and came across this:
Gemini's are easily bored with routine, happiest when free, so don't try to chain them down to the work bench, it says you would rather do a stretch of time in Sing Sing than work for a clockwatcher! At least in prison you can turn your curious mind to studying and the behavior of the inmates,, I think its saying that you have a vivid imagination Emmz.

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 23/02/2009 :  00:46:07  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LMAO!!! Going to prsion with all of those hard-bodied women, Gill, hhhhmmmmm.....that'd be like a trip to Disney World for me! LOL, I would not have a problem finding a "protector" if I ever went to prison.

ANYWAY. You're the split personality, Emmie?! Omg, we're talking to a crazy woman, lol. Ah, well, you can't get no worse than a pisces. ESPECIALLY this fabulous pisces! You sure they were talking about geminis, Gill? It sounds like they were talking about me. I could NEVER do a 9 to 5 kind of job. I would rather crawl on my belly over broken glass & hot coal than to work every day. It's a good thing I don't HAVE to work.....

The World Needs A Little

H.(appiness)
E.(quality)
L.(ove)
P.(eace)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page