The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Song/s Of The Day- Part 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

twinlorna
Something Special

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2009 :  01:47:13  Show Profile Send twinlorna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You must be logged in to see this link.

The wonderful Bette Midler--Do You Want To Dance?

-Lorna
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  02:39:46  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wait, Cher sang with Meat Loaf? How the hell did I miss that?!

Anyway, my songs for today are for my cousin, Anna Jean, who passed away two days ago from breast cancer & her colon burst while in the hospital for an operation. She lived for about a month. To a very sweet soul that is definitely in Heaven.....we love & miss you, Anna, & we're happy that you are not in pain any longer.

Vince Gill & Friends "Go Rest High (On That Mountain)"

And Brad Paisley "When I Get Where I'm Goin'"

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  20:45:52  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twinlorna

The wonderful Bette Midler--Do You Want To Dance?

-Lorna

Great choice there Lorna! It's the only other time I use the word 'divine' when talking about the Divine Miss. M

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

twinlorna
Something Special

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  22:55:44  Show Profile Send twinlorna a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Emma,dont you think Bette can do anything?Last week she was a guest co-host on an AM Talk Show and was so great.
Think its intelligence,sense of humour and that playfulness.Would love to see her stage show.

-Lorna
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2009 :  23:15:02  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, Bette Midler can do anything, I love every single one of her movies from The Rose to Isn't She Great. Fabulous woman, the whole package there! All this talk about Bette is making me think of all her songs, now I'm gonna have'em all stuck in my head!

Here's The Rose You must be logged in to see this link.

And In My Life (from For The Boys) You must be logged in to see this link.

"I don't know what it is that makes me love you so/I only know I never wanna let you go/You started something/Oh can't you see/That ever since we met you had a hold on me/It happens to be true/I only wanna be with you"
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2009 :  21:13:16  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twinlorna

Emma,dont you think Bette can do anything?Last week she was a guest co-host on an AM Talk Show and was so great.
Think its intelligence,sense of humour and that playfulness.Would love to see her stage show.

-Lorna

Definitely Lorna. She has so many 'bows' tied to her, so to speak- actress, singer, comedienne...she is certainly very talented to say the least! I especially love the film, Beaches(and Hocus Pocus)

I have the same view on Barbra Streisend too, another woman with many 'bows'

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  19:53:30  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My choice for today is...

Faith Hill- There You'll Be (taken from the film, Pearl Harbour)

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2009 :  19:03:57  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh, good choice Emma-nemma. Beautiful song & beautiful woman. I get to see Faith Hill as many times as I want. Every year she & Tim host Swampstock in Start, Louisiana. That's Tim's hometown (which is maybe an hour from where I'm at) & he comes back every year in October to put on the concert. I've already been several times. It's good fun.

Speaking of Tim & Faith, I think I'll post Cowboy In Me by Tim....You must be logged in to see this link.
(This song should've been named Cowgirl In Me cause I swear it was written about me!)

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  15:28:26  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TWO choices for me today..both great songs!

Sam & Dave- Sweet Soul Music

Behind A Painted Smile- Isley Brothers

Emma xXx

Edited by - Motown Diva on 17/08/2009 15:31:52
Go to Top of Page

twinlorna
Something Special

USA
1324 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  01:30:34  Show Profile Send twinlorna a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Love Diego Torres.Here is 'Suenos'.

-Lorna
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  19:21:30  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another motown choice for me this week...well, I have to live up to my name don't I?

The Happening- Supremes

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2009 :  00:25:13  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In honor of Woodstock's 40th anniversary, I will post several psychadellic songs & pay tribute to the greatest era of all time.....

Cream: Sunshine Of Your Love

Cream: White Room

Janis Joplin: Summer Time

The Band: The Weight

Buffalo Springfield: For What It's Worth

And last but certainly not least.......the greatest version of America's national anthem.....

Jimi Hendrix: Star Spangled Banner (from Woodstock)!!!!!!

All I can say is that I should've been there. The 60's were a time of revolutions, a time of change, a time of love & the freedom of love, not to mention the freedom of music. The young people of the day created a kind of music that rose from the turmoil & ashes of war & started a revolution that is still going on today. They gave us a kind of music that is still embedded deep in our hearts, people are still talking about this concert 40 years later & it's still the greatest get together in history. There was no hate, no pain, no animosity, & for 3 days it seemed like the war in Vietnam didn't even exist. Everyone loved everyone else & helped their brothers & sisters. It was the most beautiful thing in the world.....

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2009 :  13:44:23  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a great power ballad...

Total Eclipse Of The Heart- Bonnie Tyler

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 22/08/2009 :  11:44:00  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kick starting the weekend, this is my first choice...

Put A Little Love In Your Heart- Al Green & Annie Lennox

My second is so 80s...but I like it!

Bananarama- Love In The First Degree

Emma xXx

Edited by - Motown Diva on 22/08/2009 11:48:00
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  01:27:22  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another motown choice for me this week...well, I have to live up to my name don't I?

The Happening- Supremes

Great choice Emmz....

This is for my girl .. I love you baby.

The Bee Gees..
karaoke version to sing along to..

Gill x

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  15:42:07  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For Monday, my choices for today are...

Etta James- Tell Mama

Etta James- At Last

...such a great soothing song, I get goosebumps sometimes!

Emma xXx

Edited by - Motown Diva on 24/08/2009 15:57:19
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 24/08/2009 :  19:25:56  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bette Midler Come Rain Or Come Shine

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2009 :  16:43:30  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will Young- Evergreen

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2009 :  18:46:11  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anne Murray Danny's Song

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2009 :  00:37:50  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a Dusty song/video I haven't seen/heard in a while. Reminds of last year, those cold winter days & nights when I just discovering our girl. You know, just in a month it'll have been a freakin' year since I discovered Dusty & joined this fine network! Holy crap this year flew by!!! Just think, Ems, we'll have been friends for a year in October....

Every Day I Have To Cry Some

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2