The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Song/s Of The Day- Part 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 16

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  12:21:38  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hummm some good tunes posted on here girlies...

Here's Trisha Yearwood... Ive been thinking about ya....

You must be logged in to see this link.

Gill

I know I haven't been posting of late but Ive been thinking about ya,,,
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  20:15:14  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nelly Furtado (Ft. Timbaland)

Promiscuous Girl

"Scars Are Tattoos With Better Stories"
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  21:11:29  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill

hummm some good tunes posted on here girlies...

Here's Trisha Yearwood... Ive been thinking about ya....

Gill

I know I haven't been posting of late but Ive been thinking about ya,,,

We've been thinking about you too Gill...lovely to see you posting again.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2009 :  21:14:46  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having realised that I haven't posted a motown song for a while (and for this 'diva' there is no excuse!) I'd better rectify it with....

Take Me In Your Arms (Rock Me A Little While)- Kim Weston

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  11:07:07  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Save Tonight- Eagle Eye Cherry

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  17:02:24  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Gasps* Alice! I cannot believe someone else knows that song! Omg, my sister & I used to listen to that song all the time, lol, I think we killed it. It got to a point where whoever was around at the time we'd listen to it would start cursing us. Especially if it happened to be our moms. But now when I ask people if they remember it they say no, that they've never even heard of it. I'm like " we used to listen to it all the time at the game room!". Lol, maybe they've decided to push it out of thier minds, maybe it was too psychologically painful for them to remember.

My song will be.....

My Sacrifice by Creed

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2009 :  21:59:24  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am I allowed to start the Christmas countdown ,,,, or will I get my hands slapped... well I guess its nearly December!

I'm sure we can drum up a few Christmas tunes between us ..

Here's a little bit of Mel and Kim,,, hummm I'm sure I saw her at my local garden center a couple of years back!!

Rocking around the Christmas tree...

Gill x
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  08:31:38  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kajunbaby23

*Gasps* Alice! I cannot believe someone else knows that song! Omg, my sister & I used to listen to that song all the time, lol, I think we killed it. It got to a point where whoever was around at the time we'd listen to it would start cursing us. Especially if it happened to be our moms. But now when I ask people if they remember it they say no, that they've never even heard of it. I'm like " we used to listen to it all the time at the game room!". Lol, maybe they've decided to push it out of thier minds, maybe it was too psychologically painful for them to remember.

My song will be.....

My Sacrifice by Creed

Ja! They use it in an ad for Brisbane on TV down here. it's been stuck in my head all day, I REALLY LOVE IT. such a good feel and all

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  09:44:08  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Goldfrapp- Ooh La La

AND

Colours of the Wind from Pocahontas! (YAY! really really good disney movie and one of my fave disney songs)

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  19:17:24  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, good choice Alice! I used to listen to that song all the time! I absolutely loved Vanessa Williams' rendition, it is a very sweet song.

My songs for today will be, actually, a current topic of conversation here on the DSN......Anne Murray.

The first one is for my Emma-Nemma (yes, I know I've dedicated alot to her, and here's another one!)

Bridge Over Troubled

And the second is one of my all time favorite tunes (and of Gilly-Beans as well!), very sweet melody!

Danny's Song

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  19:18:57  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by streepalicious

quote:

My song will be.....

My Sacrifice by Creed

Ja! They use it in an ad for Brisbane on TV down here. it's been stuck in my head all day, I REALLY LOVE IT. such a good feel and all

Alicex

Um, Al, what's a "Brisbane"?

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2009 :  19:49:49  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OH WAIT!!! Whilst talking to Emma-Nemma on the webcam I'd been playing my iTunes library &, then, when I put the song Last Kiss on, I'd asked Emma if she'd ever heard the song. It's a golden oldie from the 60's that the 90's grunge band, Pearl Jam, had revised. I figured she'd know it but I thought wrong, lol. Anyway, I'm posting this song today as well so Emma (and everyone else) can hear it.

So here is Pearl Jam with "Last Kiss"....

Go to Top of Page

streepalicious
Wishing And Hoping

Australia
482 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  07:29:05  Show Profile Send streepalicious a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by streepalicious

quote:

My song will be.....

My Sacrifice by Creed

Alicex

Um, Al, what's a "Brisbane"?

Ah, dw Bambs! it's a main city down here in Aus. i was just saying they used the song on an ad to promote domestic tourism.

Alicex
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  22:28:48  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, lol, my bad! Thank you for clearing that up for me Al!

My song of the day will have to be Bible Baby by Dana Fuchs (warning: there is some profanity in the song as she is doing it live!)

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  10:44:34  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Am I allowed to start the Christmas countdown ,,,, or will I get my hands slapped...well I guess its nearly December!

As if I would do that to you Gill! Thank you for getting the countdown under way though...yes, festive tunes please let's get in the mood!

My festive Christmas tune then is going to be...

Perry Como- It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

....oh come on, you knew it was coming!

Emma xXx

Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  17:26:43  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perry Como Emz? I mean, I get it, it's christmas music & what-not, but Perry Como? I really don't care for him. Wasn't it Perry Como that stole a song/songs from Little Richard & tried to make it "white" sounding? I mean, I know alot of white singers did steal most of the "black sound" & put their names on it, I know it wasn't just him. But he's one of the main ones that stood out for me. He's one of the main ones that I remember well.

Anyhow, I'm sorry Emma, I didn't mean to be mean or sound like I was putting you down babe, you know I don't judge. *Bambi bows down before Emma & begs forgivness*

My choices are Bells Will Be Ringing by The Drifters

The Temptations with Silent Night

Or, here's Enya's Irish version of the song! I find it very beautifully done! A celtic angel!

And, finally, here's the Drifters with Dreaming Of A White Christmas!

Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  20:32:39  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Baby its Cold outside!!!!!! hummmmm

Its Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews ...... Awsome.....

I love the little Welsh add on at the end ... Bloody freezing init!!

Gill x
Go to Top of Page

kajunbaby23
Something Special

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  21:29:12  Show Profile Send kajunbaby23 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!! Ok ya'll, since it's Christmas & everyone's going all traditional with the music, I'll (as usual) go in a completely different direction! Well, it ain't that bad, I'm still doing the traditional thing by posting a festive holiday song.....it's just not your average christmas song!

Here is Achmed The Dead Terroist (Ft. Jeff Dunham) with Jingle Bombs!!!! (Warning: Explicit Material & funny as hell!)

Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  09:14:53  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My choice for today...

Santa, Baby- Eartha Kitt

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2009 :  09:23:21  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gill

Baby its Cold outside!!!!!! hummmmm

Its Tom Jones and Cerys Matthews ...... Awsome.....

I love the little Welsh add on at the end ... Bloody freezing init!!

Gill x

I was listening to that yesterday too! I love the Welsh accent (amongst others) particularly as I have a strong association being a quarter welsh myself! Michael Ball came out with a great term the other day for people who are both Welsh and English....they're WENGLISH!

....I prefer Celtic myself, what with being born in England but with both Welsh and Irish heritage...not sure about Scottish, though my Uncle lives in Scotland! I guess you could say I'm a wierd mixture of things...

Emma xXx

Edited by - Motown Diva on 04/12/2009 09:25:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 16 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2