The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Dusty's Recordings
 Dusty - Song Sightings 3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 9

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 22/06/2011 :  12:45:01  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Look of Love is featured in the film Inside I'm Dancing which was on ITV last night. Great film and a lovely surprise to hear Dusty and the song is played all the way through!

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  20:46:21  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IJDKWTDWM on Eastenders tonight...nearly the entire song! If missed catch it later on BBC3!

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2011 :  16:19:17  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Look of Love as a trailer to Fatal Attraction which is going to be on TV this weekend

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2011 :  18:26:45  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IJDKWTDWM playing on Smooth yesterday morning as I was getting my hair done.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  08:46:12  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IOWTBWU BBC1 'Eastenders' Thursday evening (11th).

Janie x57
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2011 :  12:09:05  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SOAPM on Smooth yesterday.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  09:20:23  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I Close My Eyes & Count To Ten - Steve Wright's Sunday Love Songs
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 25/08/2011 :  12:13:55  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dusty on Smooth radio right now!!! YDHTSYLM

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  11:31:23  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll Try Anything on SOTS yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2011 :  23:04:21  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Look Of Love today on Sunday Love Songs and on Friday Night Desmond Carrington had a touch of the 60's on his show and played YDHTSYLM he also spoke highly of Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

springer
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  18:25:32  Show Profile Send springer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the new advert for John Lewis...it's got lots of snippets of music through the ages and Dusty is there singing "I only want to be with you"
Hils xxxxxxxx
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2011 :  22:12:46  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes I saw it tonight and last night but that's all you hear from a transistor radio - one line "I Only Want To Be With You", at first I thought it was a new cd compilation.

Still, it's good to hear Dusty when you don't expect to.
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2011 :  07:26:49  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also saw it for the first time last night....love it! Who gets the royalties????

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2011 :  08:08:44  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The composer Wally, I always thought every time a record was played both the singer and the composer received royalties but the singer only receives a royalty if someone buys the record.
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 20/09/2011 :  09:28:24  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Better start composing then!! Never too late

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  13:12:00  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by springer

Has anyone seen the new advert for John Lewis...it's got lots of snippets of music through the ages and Dusty is there singing "I only want to be with you"
Hils xxxxxxxx

Yes! I heard it for the first time last night...John Lewis have great taste obviously!

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  13:12:30  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YDHTSYLM on Mark Goodier's show on Smooth raio yesterday.

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

James McKenzie
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2011 :  18:07:22  Show Profile Send James McKenzie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On SOTS today Pino Donaggio's Io Che Non Vivo Senza Te was played immediately followed by Dusty singing Losing You.

As I was away on holiday, I missed SOTS last week and it's too late to hear it on the iPlayer, but the running order shows that the Three-in-a-Row feature consisted of:

Lana Sisters - Down South
Springfields - Allentown Jail
Dusty - Broken Blossoms

Surprised nobody has logged this or owned up to requestingthese records.

Jim

Jim
Go to Top of Page

James McKenzie
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  12:05:19  Show Profile Send James McKenzie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dusty made a rare appearance on BBC Radio 3 yesterday evening.

The programme was Words and Music broadcast between 1830 and 1945. It consisted of readings of poetry and prose on the theme of breakfast. The readings were linked by music on the same theme. As you have probably guessed, the recording used was Breakfast in Bed from the Memphis album. It was played about 27 minutes into the programme.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2011 :  16:23:01  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Messing about on the river....quite a long clip shown on Alan Titchmarsh show today as Des O'Connor was guest.....If you missed it you can catch it on ITV plus 1 if you are quick!!

Wally x

Edited by - wally on 19/10/2011 16:23:54
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2