The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Forum Games
 Game For June
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  10:41:08  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK here's a new game. It's in two parts

PART 1
Choose up to three Dusty titles you don't care for even if they are sung by Dusty.

PART 2
Choose two songs you did not like until you heard Dusty sing them in her own inimitable style.

Ok here are my choices:-

PART 1

1. Love Me By Name
2. I Wanna Control You
3. I Wish That Love Would Last

PART 2

1. Sunny
2. If You Go Away

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  15:21:07  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh dear I cannot honestly think of 3 Dusty songs that I don't catre for but I could add loads to Part 2:

1. La Bamba

2. This Girl's in Love with You

Sorry to pass on Part One but I even like Sometimes Like Butterflies even with the dodgy ending!!

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  16:50:54  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wally

Oh dear I cannot honestly think of 3 Dusty songs that I don't catre for but I could add loads to Part 2:

1. La Bamba

2. This Girl's in Love with You

Sorry to pass on Part One but I even like Sometimes Like Butterflies even with the dodgy ending!!

Wally x

Personally Wally I like the way Dusty ends the song and can never understand the fuss people made, after all Bonnie Tyler, Joe Cocker & Rod Stewart made a living out of sounding hoarse!
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2011 :  17:08:04  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess so Karl, it just was not typically Dusty and I am sure that given the opportunity she would have liked another take! Great game though, thanks for trying to keep things going!

Wally x

Edited by - wally on 01/06/2011 17:08:41
Go to Top of Page

Motown Diva

United Kingdom
3826 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  15:33:25  Show Profile Send Motown Diva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Part 1 is a little hard but here goes...

1. Sandra
2. Closet Man

Part 2

1. Twenty Four Hours From Tusla- much prefer Dusty's version!
2. Mockingbird

Emma xXx
Go to Top of Page

annimac
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  15:53:13  Show Profile Send annimac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At last someone else has added their tuppence worth!!!

Emma I know we can't all like the same but I've always liked Sandra, if you'd heard the way Dusty performed it at Drury Lane it was stunning - better than the record!
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2011 :  16:11:54  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by annimac

At last someone else has added their tuppence worth!!!

Emma I know we can't all like the same but I've always liked Sandra, if you'd heard the way Dusty performed it at Drury Lane it was stunning - better than the record!

Gremlins in the works again, Annimac did not post this I did.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2