The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Forum Games
 Lyric Game
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  07:35:00  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if this will work but thought it is worth a try. Very easy game, but might be fun and it will make you think of all the songs that Dusty sang!

Here's an example of the game.

Guess Who

The answer would be The Girl that hurt herself last night.

In other words, think of a song with a couple of words and the next person would respond with the next few lyrics. After that the person responding would think of a new song, etc. Just little snip its.

I hope this makes sense, I'm on one of my 2 am binges, LOL!

Marty
PS. Not sure if everyone is on their summer vacation, but I've been finding the board to be very quiet lately. Would love to see a bit more action. Hope this will help.

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  09:23:30  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like most of them are on vacation the whole year round!

There's still plenty lurkers though but nobody replies, even Bambi has gone quiet again and where is Kyles?!

Edited by - reputation on 30/07/2011 11:36:45
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  11:40:38  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Earthbound Gypsy

Not sure if this will work but thought it is worth a try. Very easy game, but might be fun and it will make you think of all the songs that Dusty sang!

Here's an example of the game.

Guess Who

The answer would be The Girl that hurt herself last night.

In other words, think of a song with a couple of words and the next person would respond with the next few lyrics. After that the person responding would think of a new song, etc. Just little snip its.

I hope this makes sense, I'm on one of my 2 am binges, LOL!

Marty
PS. Not sure if everyone is on their summer vacation, but I've been finding the board to be very quiet lately. Would love to see a bit more action. Hope this will help.

Not 100% sure I understand this, are we to give a few lines from a song then the next person follows on until they guess the title?. You have given the title Guess Who but stated what the answer is The Girl Who Hurt Herself Last Night, is that just an example? Guess Who is not such a familiar song.
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 30/07/2011 :  19:22:35  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes and no Karl it does not have to be a title just part of a song and can be a title. It would make it easier if it was a title. Just whatever song and lyric that pops into your head!

Another examples....could look at me...answer - and know that I love you, (Anyone Who Had A Heart.

There's something in my soul..answer...that will always lead me back to you (I Can't Make It alone).

Marty
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  07:56:14  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK Marty Let's give it a go:

Let everyone debate

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2011 :  16:54:13  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The true reality (Goin' Back)

Leave me just enough love

Marty
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  11:55:45  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
to hold in my hand......If you go away!

tonight you take away my sorrow

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2011 :  19:54:39  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
that it will come back tomorrow (Baby Don't You Know)

I can hardly wait to hold you

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  01:33:59  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't anyone else want to play
Go to Top of Page

DrTom
Brand New Me

68 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  06:06:48  Show Profile Send DrTom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Feel My Arms Around You (The Look OF Love)

Cause Something Happened To Me......
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  06:13:57  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
White I was driving home (24 Hours From Tulsa)

that ever since we met

Marty
Go to Top of Page

DrTom
Brand New Me

68 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  06:22:32  Show Profile Send DrTom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you've had a hold on me ( I Only Want To Be With You )

Yes he was.....

Tom
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  07:52:09  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes he was...the only one who could ever reach me (Son of a Preacher Man)

Why don't you stop

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  08:15:26  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and look me over (Am I the same Girl)

Now I'm not a greedy girl

Marty
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2011 :  16:56:41  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't need the world ----Some of your lovin'

I wanted you so

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  04:18:44  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wally the only one I can think of is

I want you so much inside I'm throwin' away all my conscience and pride (I'll Try Anything)

Marty
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  07:27:12  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
good try.....but I was thinking "I wanted you so, wanted you to hold me tight" next guess Marty?

Wally x
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  18:43:45  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I go to the same old places

Marty
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  23:05:18  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wally

good try.....but I was thinking "I wanted you so, wanted you to hold me tight" next guess Marty?

Wally x

Your Hurtin' Kinda Love

Edited by - reputation on 04/08/2011 23:05:53
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2011 :  23:09:09  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've Been Searching Here & There
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  09:34:47  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like we are getting a little of track here. Karl do you want to answer....
Now I am not a greedy girl

and follow it up by I've been searching here and there

Marty
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.5 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2