The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Holiday snaps and photo opportunities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  17:49:10  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A thread for sharing photos with everyone about anything....maybe there's a scenic view or interesting structure in your locality to share with us all, or just something that made you laugh.....please post here!

Mark

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  18:41:14  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1. The Doge's Palace (Home of Government and the Doge (Duke)
2. The Campanile (Bell tower) on the Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's square)
3. The Bridge of Sighs at the rear of the Doge's palace
4. Approaching the Landing stages of San Marco
5. The Church and Campanile of San Giorgio Maggior opposite San Marco.

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 23/09/2006 18:51:14
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  18:58:17  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1. Barbara on Gondola and the Baroque Church of Santa Maria della Salute
2. Traffic jam.....Venetian style!
3. View from Gondola
4. The Basilica San Marco
5. The Ponte (Bridge) Capello and the Bridge of Sighs in distance.

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 23/09/2006 19:04:45
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  19:16:59  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark,
Thank you for these photos of Venice. Just one day is not enough. Hopefully you went into a few churches and saw the artwork on the inside. It's just as amazing as the beauty on the outside.

Edited by - Littlebylittle on 23/09/2006 19:17:41
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  19:39:00  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mark

Thank you so much...this is one part of this section of the forum that I CAN understand. Good on you, my man!!

Janie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2006 :  19:39:41  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Nicky and Janie, it's a pleasure!.....you're right, one day isn't enough!
Three days at least are needed to view all the delights of Venice!
We visited the inside of the Basilica, no photos allowed, but I've a couple of postcards I'll scan and paste when my printer is working again!
Apparently Venice has 16 million visitors a year, and I can well believe it too!, it's extremely crowded around the main tourist areas of San Marco, non-stop throngs of people walking up and down the narrow alleyways, the traders have a captive market there, so as you can imagine everythings soo expensive!
We went with the Saga holiday company, picking that particular holiday at Bibione because of the day excursions that were on offer, with trips across the border to Austria and Slovenia (I'll post some more pictures!), the Weather could have been a little better....I always thought it was hot in Italy!, but we both a great time anyway, the food is wonderful in Italy too, all the fruit and salady stuff was so fresh!

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 23/09/2006 22:08:33
Go to Top of Page

Katariina
Wishing And Hoping

Finland
637 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  06:30:34  Show Profile Send Katariina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great photos, Mark! Did you learn any Italian? Come stai? Say hi to Barbara for me.

Love, Kat

the images unwind like the circle that you find in the windmills of your mind
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  09:29:55  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Katariina

Great photos, Mark! Did you learn any Italian? Come stai? Say hi to Barbara for me.

Love, Kat

Thank you Katariina! Barbara says hi too, I have to admit that I did not know one word of Italian beforehand, and all I learnt flying over was Buon giorno, buona sayra and grazie but once there a lot of words are relatively simple to understand and similar to French, of which I know a smattering, one Italian word I will always remember is 'Gelateria' meaning 'Ice cream shop', they have every flavour imaginable and is totally delicious!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Katariina
Wishing And Hoping

Finland
637 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  19:29:41  Show Profile Send Katariina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing beats Italian ice cream !

Love, Kat

the images unwind like the circle that you find in the windmills of your mind
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2006 :  22:52:42  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was in Venice for a week in March and that wasn't long enough--your photos bring back good memories Mark. The hot chocolate in the pavement cafes around the squares near St Mark's are to die for

Trek
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2006 :  21:36:08  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by treking The hot chocolate in the pavement cafes around the squares near St Mark's are to die for

Trek

Absolutely Carole!....Once I discovered how yummy Italian Hot chocolate is I blew out the Coffee! (though I might add that if you just for 'cafe' you'll get one those tiny thimble-full cups which they also have in France, so it's best to ask for 'cappucino or 'americano')

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2006 :  20:28:09  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's some hot chocolate I saw in Brugges.

Brugges Boobs
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2006 :  20:36:12  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote

And now for some culture, Venice, again.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2006 :  21:59:12  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL!.....Thanks for the pictures Nicky!......I think I'd be too embarrased to have a bite of that yummy lookin' choccy!!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2006 :  19:59:00  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some views of the Postojna caves in Slovenia.....there are miles of caves here and the stalagmites etc; have been formed over 70 million years!, it was a little creepy in some respects, as 'faces' can be made out in the varying shapes, particularly in the second photo, I can certainly see 'faces' to the far right, and what appears to be a 'Mother and child' formation in the middle too!.......can anyone else see them?

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 30/09/2006 20:03:57
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  21:23:36  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Winter is fast approachin' here's a few sunny views of and from Glastonbury Tor in the County of Somerset, England.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2006 :  21:45:46  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aww, don't those pics make you miss Andy?
Thanks for posting them Mark - you little jet-setter, you get everywhere, good on you mate!!

Nicky, did you buy any of that chocolate? Try eating THAT with a straight face

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  17:12:26  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Clare!......The good news is I see Andy's joined us!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  19:06:57  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember those Glastonbury pics Mark...

A sunny day in Beautiful Britain, takes some beating!

CRx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  21:27:14  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clare,
No, I didn't eat the chocolate, I was too busy managing waffles for breakfast and enjoying the cherry beer. I'm put myself on self imposed beer ban now, so I made the most of it while I could.
Nicky
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:11:18  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thought this thread should be brought up to the top as I'm sure folk have lots of interesting photos.

Paris the Sacre-Coeur

trek
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2