The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Holiday snaps and photo opportunities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:13:32  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Versailles.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:17:23  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Night time view of the tower.

Trek
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:28:23  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great thread! These pics are amazing!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:29:07  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous pics Trek!...Thankyou.

I'm hoping that Nicky (Little by Little) will post some of her photies from Egypt.

Cxx

Those Chandeliers in Versailles reminded me of the Fools and Horses episode when they were 'cleaning' chandeliers...CRRRRASH!
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:36:07  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cloud Land! Does this count?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  00:46:16  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
US of A

Janie xx
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  09:09:31  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sara...Hey YOU get offa my cloud!....

Great pics of the US, Janie..any tales to tell?..

Cxx

Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  12:18:52  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its nice to brighten up ours days looking at far away places. Love the Grand Canyon Janie.

Trek
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  12:45:09  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry the shots look a bit blurred - I used the panoramic facility on my tiddly little camera that I had at the time. Although the 'right' size shot is perfectly in focus, the panoramic 'stretching' causes loss of some definition.
I'll need to remind myself of the places we visited Carole - it was a three week trip to celebrate our 25th!

Janie xx
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  23:03:05  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Gargoyle on top of Notre Dame--200 odd steps up but worth it!! There are lots all around the top area.

Trek
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  23:48:00  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think this link will work. It's a photo of King Rameses at Abu Simbel.

Edited by - Littlebylittle on 29/10/2006 23:50:13
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  23:52:33  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It DID work Nicky...How fantastic is that?

Thankyou.

We WANT more!!!

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  00:07:00  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ramese built a temple for his wife, Nefetari, next door. This is her temple.
Go to Top of Page

marg
Sweet Inspiration

2686 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  00:11:16  Show Profile Send marg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nick... you're leaving sand everywhere,luv.

Excellent photos everyone!

joe the lion
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  00:11:48  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing these, they're amazing!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  00:15:12  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And here's another photo, this time at the entrance to Luxor Temple
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  00:19:18  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the last one, the view from the Isis Hotel balcony in Aswan. There was a farm across the water. The farmer would work in the morning. The children would play on the land, and go for a swim in the afternoons.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  08:56:10  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've always wanted to go to Egypt and now I'm there --many thanks Nicky--they are great.

Mummy trek
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  13:05:41  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, same here...There is SOOO much to see.

These Ancient civilisations leave us in complete awe of them don't they?

Thankyou very much, Nicky!

Any 'Stories' for us?

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2006 :  19:41:13  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear Carole and Trek,
Egypt is a total culture holiday. I booked with Jules Verne (who I can recommend). We flew into Luxor and spent 4 night there. Transferred to Aswan for 3 nights.

Luxor is very busy. There are lots of crazy taxi drivers zooming round in battered old Fiat saloons. Alternatively, you can get on a horse drawn carriage. The main strip is about 3 miles long. It's about 1/2 to drive down by taxi. Luxor museum is a must! The mummified museum was a huge disappointment. The shops and souk all sell the same tourist tat, and the cotton bedlinen was very expensive, but probably the best thing to buy. There's a government duty free shop that sells Egypian wine for 5 a bottle, just don't ask them what its like (the locals drink fruit juice and water). Visited The Valley of the Kings and Queens, Karnac and Luxor Temple. Went back to Karnac at night for the sound and light show, which was awe inspiring.

Aswan was more relaxed, and there were less shops. Aswan souk was pure hell. Children would grab you and traders would follow you everywhere, chanting "No bloodly hassle". I did the balloon ride in Aswan, and took lots of ferries towards the Aswan dam, and also to the Nubian restaurant on the foot of the desert. Also took a felocca (sailing boat) to Kitchener's Island and Elephanine Island. Trip to Abu Simbel took 3 hours (leaving the hotel at 5.10 am!).
It was a real adventure!
N x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2