The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Holiday snaps and photo opportunities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2006 :  22:56:46  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It certainly sounds like an adventure...and one I'd like to go on....

By the way, Nicky...a little bird told me that you got proposed to five times whilst in Egypt...

Could this POSSIBLY be true?

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2006 :  23:05:57  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's true, but I think that happens to all the tourists.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2006 :  23:34:08  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you ever been to Rome, Nicky...?

They have managed to keep some wonderful monuments from ancient Rome..

The Coliseum is mind boggling...and has a really eerie atmosphere.

I could practically 'hear and see' some of the exploits that went on in there...

'Just my imagination , running away with me' ...again!

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  20:30:25  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful photos. Thanks everyone

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  21:54:08  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been to Rome, but it was a fleeting visit.
Here's a photo of Ernest Hemmingway's house (his wife's bedroom) in Key West, Florida

Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  21:56:13  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Look at that kitty!

Janie xx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  22:00:52  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the roof of the Duomo, Milan
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  22:41:07  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic pics...thanks Nicky!

Ernest Hemingways wife's room looks SOOOO cool!...

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2006 :  21:28:06  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The open door, just passed the cat's head was Pauline's (I think that's her name) bathroom. There's a lighthouse across the road, which over looks her bathroom window. Rumour has it, she was constantly spied on from the lighthouse.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  19:45:09  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A few snaps of my recent travels!......

Sir Winston Churchill's post-war home....

Edited by - Mark on 15/08/2007 19:51:57
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  20:15:03  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good pics Mark.
We hope to get to London again before the end of the year.

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  20:48:40  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful pictures, Mark!

TMak
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  21:20:12  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark
Got anymore of London? Isn't it a great city.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  21:21:03  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tere, Nicky, and Carole T!.....it's a joy to be able share them, I've a few more to add in due course!

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 14/08/2007 21:22:37
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  21:30:42  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now, where were you standing when you took the night shot?
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  21:41:20  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Littlebylittle

Now, where were you standing when you took the night shot?

LOL!.....that's looking out the window of my room at Holiday Inn on Cromwell Road, Kensington, the really tall one just behind Gloucester Road tube....I'm sure you know the Hotel I mean!, I believe it's the tallest Hotel in Britain, fortunately Barbara works for Holiday Inn chain as I certainly couldn't afford stay there otherwise!!

I've some daytime views too somewhere......watch this space!!

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 14/08/2007 21:44:42
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  22:59:36  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are really quality photos Mark.

You should be working for The London Tourist Board!...

Your pics capture the essence of London, exciting, cosmopolitan and historical.

In fact you've made me wanna go back there, too!..

Have you ever been on the London Eye?

Carole xx
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2007 :  23:06:59  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aww, it's good they have a memorial for all the poor animals who died, it's so sad, people are so nasty

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2007 :  19:29:07  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have been on the Eye Carole!.....a while back now, I'd strongly recommend getting to the Eye before opening as the Queue's can be horrendous!, I'll add some pics of the time shortly; I'm sure most of us are familiar with the 70's Drama Serial 'Upstairs Downstairs', this the House used for the outdoor filming, the number one was painted on the pillar at the time to make it 165 Eaton Place!

Whatever would Lady Marjorie say about all that Scaffolding!

just round the corner from Eaton Place is the current home of former Primeminister Margaret Thatcher...........yes, I know!, but whatever one may think of her she is a famous British figure of History, there's an armed policeman on permanent duty outside, so I didn't like to get too close to take a pic!, though I did walk past, if you look closely you can spot two large bottles of Evian water either side of the front of the house.....provided by Maggie to keep the policeman cool I guess!

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 15/08/2007 19:53:48
Go to Top of Page

Rhiannon
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
386 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2007 :  20:45:52  Show Profile Send Rhiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess some people must still have Thatcher on their hit list if she needs an armed copper on duty 24 hours a day! I've been past her house, it's in Belgravia, the poshest district of London. Very nice but very very upper class.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2