The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Holiday snaps and photo opportunities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  23:01:47  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark...Now I see it outside the theatre it makes sense, although I think the two masks depicting comedy/tragedy would have made MORE sense.

I trust that you've booked for Aladdin at Christmas...A block booking for us all, I hope.

Carole xx
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2007 :  17:55:40  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still keeping a lookout for Aladdin Carole!......here's a few snaps of our recent Holiday in Tunisia, many Roman artefacts scatter the Country (must be all that Sunshine!) here's what's left at Gammarth....

At the Souk (Marketplace) Tunis....

Camels on the Beach.....

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 29/09/2007 19:06:47
Go to Top of Page

Littlebylittle
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
453 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2007 :  18:01:10  Show Profile Send Littlebylittle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh Mark, I feel like I went on holiday with you! Interesting market. Did you buy anything?

PS Loved seeing the Clangers
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2007 :  18:07:01  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Nicky!......we bought a couple of prints to put in frames of Camels, some of the Stallholders can very persistent, always trying to sell you something (and the quality of some items wasn't too good to be honest) but it was all very interesting to see!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2007 :  20:43:44  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Camels on the beach!

Looks fascinating! Thanks for sharing!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2007 :  21:59:14  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mark.... Glorious pics.

It look extremely hot!...

Aint never seen you and Babs in hats before!..

Carole xx

Don't camels look haughty??
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2007 :  22:53:13  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aww, camels are so sweet, especially the baby ones!
Fab pics, thanks Mark!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2007 :  22:37:49  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Love the pics Mark.
Camels make a nice change from donkeys

The market looks very interesting --did you barter and try and get a good deal

Trek

We are here for Dusty.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2007 :  19:32:30  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone!.....we did barter for the prints we bought, lots of arm-waving!......and Hats are very much needed (especially for bald heads!) over there!.......I'm not too keen on wearing Baseball type caps but that's all I had until a week before we went when fortunately on the off chance I popped into Marks & Spencer and they were selling off Summer hats in a sale.....made my day!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Rhiannon
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
386 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2007 :  23:01:34  Show Profile Send Rhiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went to the Tate Modern today to see the latest big exhibit in the massive turbine hall. If you've not already seen it in the news, it's a floor crack running the length of the entire hall (about 200ft)! Apparently a woman visiting last week thought it was painted on the ground and stepped on it, only to fall in and break her ankle!

Anyway... I'm not exactly a fan of modern art but this was ridiculous - it looked like there had been an earthquake. I just don't see how you can pass stuff like that off as art Me and my friends joked about how long it would take them to fix the floor when the exhibition ends!

Here we are with our feet over the crack:

And from a different angle:
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2007 :  23:09:08  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's so weird, they broke the floor?!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2007 :  23:11:28  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
THAT is so crazy!...I saw it on 'Have I Got News For You' the other night.

They said quite a few people have got hurt by walking into it.

I can't believe they've got away with that in these days of 'Health and Safety'...

Just wait for someone to claim compensation!.

Carole xxx
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2007 :  18:47:20  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OMG!.....what an unusual thing to call 'Art'!.....though in the second pic is does look like it's painted on, I can't see the point of destroying the Marble (I guess the floor is marble?) what has it achieved apart from a bill to eventually replace it?

I remember the furore over the 'pile of bricks' in the other tate Gallery, things like that are not Art, along with that Tracey Emin and her unmade Bed.....the so called artistes must have psychiatric problems if they call their work Art.....it's just rubbish!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2007 :  19:19:09  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a really scary dream that my house was falling down and there were cracks in the ceiling I blame this!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2007 :  19:25:03  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

.....the so called artistes must have psychiatric problems if they call their work Art.....it's just rubbish!

Mark

Have you ben reading the Daily Mail again, Mark?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2007 :  21:59:20  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark

OMG!.....what an unusual thing to call 'Art'!.....though in the second pic is does look like it's painted on, I can't see the point of destroying the Marble (I guess the floor is marble?) what has it achieved apart from a bill to eventually replace it?

I remember the furore over the 'pile of bricks' in the other tate Gallery, things like that are not Art, along with that Tracey Emin and her unmade Bed.....the so called artistes must have psychiatric problems if they call their work Art.....it's just rubbish!

Mark

So relieved Sara didn't visit the 'unmade bed' She would've got in it!....

She knows I'm kidding..

Carole R xx
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2007 :  22:01:40  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're so mean to me!

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  16:37:51  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tales from Tuscany

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  16:54:26  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Florence

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2007 :  17:02:07  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Siena

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 3.28 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2