The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Daydreaming
 Holiday snaps and photo opportunities
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2008 :  21:31:43  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that snow angels?
Aww, they're so cute... Almost makes me want babies
Is that Pharoah?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Rhiannon
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
386 Posts

Posted - 28/01/2008 :  21:38:34  Show Profile Send Rhiannon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Linda - is your pond completely frozen over and then with snow on top? It looks amazing - we never get that over here!
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 29/01/2008 :  02:03:44  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Sara, we made snow angels (I was the one on JB's right!). That's Pharoah with JB, he follows him everywhere. And Rhiannon, yes, the pond was frozen beautifully before the latest snowfalls. On another section of the pond we shoveled it clean and went skating. A perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon in January!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  19:11:26  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just discovered this thread and think it's fantastic! I love to look at travel photos. Next best thing to being there! Thanks everyone for posting.

I especially appreciated the pictures of Big Ben, RAH and Ronnie Scotts. As you know my camera was stolen along with everything else in my handbag. I had taken similiar pictures but the are gone. Mark or anyone else if you have anymore of these pictures, can you kindly email them to me. Thank you.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2008 :  20:34:35  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes they do Tere, we were told that on the tour I took.

Marty

quote:
Originally posted by TMAK

"I wonder if those circular things have anything to do with the acoustics in there?"

That's a question for our Maestro, Jonathan.

TMak

Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  09:28:01  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Barabara and I just had a week at El Quseir on the eastside of Egypt facing the Red Sea, here's some pics of Luxor......

Visiting a Bedouin family in the Desert, I thought the Desert would be 'Lawrence of Arabia' looking, but most of it was more like a lunar landscape!......

Musical entertainment, Bedouin style!......

Mark

Edited by - Mark on 26/05/2008 09:43:00
Go to Top of Page

Brian
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2669 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  09:33:26  Show Profile Send Brian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It'll be nice when it's finished

Seriously Mark - great pictures

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  09:44:25  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Brian!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  09:57:21  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much for these pics Mark..I've often thought about going to Egypt and looking at your pictures is almost like being there

The stone carvings are fantastic....I'm almost expecting Indiana to come riding over the sands.

Was it very hot when you were there

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

dave d
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  15:50:40  Show Profile Send dave d a Private Message  Reply with Quote
super pics Mark. really brightened up a wet and windy bank holiday afternoon

Gotta know for sure
A broken heart don't have a cure
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
3102 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  18:21:06  Show Profile Send Mark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Dave and Carole!, it was hot in Egypt, average daily temp 37c!

As much as I enjoyed last week I doubt if I'd go to a 'hot' place again, succumbed to 'gippy tummy' whilst there, I felt alright in myself, but!, it wasn't the Food to blame just the effect of the heat I guess

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  18:39:34  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazing pictures Mark. Thanks for sharing.

Marty
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  18:46:04  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, brilliant pics, Mark! My parents just got back from Egypt last week
They brought me back some lil cat statue ornament things

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  19:20:53  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou for sharing these fantastic picures with us, Mark..

Its made me feel abit warmer just looking at them.

I remember learning all about the pyramids, pharaohs, etc at school.

But, the nearest I've come to seeing anything authentic, has been at the Manchester Museum,
which has a really good Egytian Room, and The British Museum in London.

Thanks again,

Carole R xx

Edited by - Carole R. on 26/05/2008 19:27:36
Go to Top of Page

TMAK
Wasn't Born To Follow

USA
5180 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  19:50:02  Show Profile  Send TMAK an AOL message  Send TMAK a Yahoo! Message Send TMAK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Thanks for sharing those, Mark. Those Bedouin children are beautiful.

TMak
Go to Top of Page

chrispld
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
579 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2008 :  23:46:55  Show Profile Send chrispld a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for those amazing photos Mark.!

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Rob
Something Special

United Kingdom
1157 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  21:30:15  Show Profile Send Rob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great photos mark, love 'em all but especially the camel and the people shots.

here's a few from arecent trip to Cornwall.

two from the seal sanctuary at Gweek

RB

Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  22:44:41  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice pics Rob..esp the scones!
I have some of Provence but have been having some trouble loading them from the camera ..hopefully it will be sorted soon.

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  22:57:50  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I want a seal!!!
They are so sweet! The look kinda like a cross between dogs and bears, but cuter. Do they talk?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

treking
Wasn't Born To Follow

United Kingdom
5727 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  23:00:31  Show Profile Send treking a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The seals that I have got close on various boat trips to seem to bark at one another!

Trek

Also known as Carole.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2