The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Newbie Check-In
 viperMON
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  07:54:01  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess you are having some extreme problems logging in???!!! Whatever is going on Mr Viperman? Hope to goodness it sorts itself out. I have had no reports of any other members having logging in problems so not sure at this stage what to suggest - maybe though you just want to be a member so much you want to be a member three times over???!!!!!

Janie x58

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  09:13:50  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Janie

I guess you are having some extreme problems logging in???!!! Whatever is going on Mr Viperman? Hope to goodness it sorts itself out. I have had no reports of any other members having logging in problems so not sure at this stage what to suggest - maybe though you just want to be a member so much you want to be a member three times over???!!!!!

Janie x58

Oh J. It's getting silly now ........

I have however think I've figured out what the problem is though.

O.K. so yesterday ;- posting normal then went to post on the Game For October thread. Tried to post multi U-tube tracks and guess what ? The system locked me out.

Now that's what I was trying to do with the first time around and how I got locked out. This leads me to believe you now have some anti spammer software.

Theoretically, you or the techy one should be able to unlock both the other accounts once they are marked 'not spam'. Somewhere I expect they'll be held in some kind of Moderation folder.

I've seen this happen to others on other sites after updates but its the first time its happened to me.

Its good that the anti spam is working, but its unfortunate that we don't know the parameters of it. So if you post too many U-tube tunes in one go, or maybe post too many pictures in one go, or even too many links in one go then you'll end up like me. Locked out by the system.

The weird thing is I can actually get into both former Profiles, I even showed up on the board for a while, but just couldn't post.

Did a full system clearance on my machine, ran some checks, and started again. This time I got the Boards saying Stormy was the latest new Member ... ?

Figured the only thing to do was sign up again. Third time lucky.

Then I got that -

Activation Key Not Found!

Your activation key was not found in our database.
Please try registering again by clicking the Register link at the top right hand corner.
If this problem persists, please contact the Administrator of the forums.

Which would put me off if I was a less experienced 'internetz' user and I thought, oh here we go, but signed in no problem.

We could really use a tech head over here I think.

So fingers crossed, staying away from the game threads, and waiting just to be safe until I've passed 20 posts before I try any more U-Tube, links, pics, or any of the other fun stuff - third time lucky.

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  11:40:58  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Am seeking guidance from someone who should know!

Janie x58
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  12:29:42  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Am seeking guidance from someone who should know!

Janie x58

Excellent !

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  01:01:09  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well,I've made it past 20, so looking good so far. I even managed posts with liks (u-tube ect) so, ............................ best make short posts, not tooo many links n' things, any idea J about a tech head on the case ?

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  14:33:45  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by viperMON
.... any idea J about a tech head on the case ?

'Never Trust A Hippie !'

Put it this way, Young Sir, , the tech head didn't have ANY idea! .

Janie x58
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  15:55:05  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
.... any idea J about a tech head on the case ?

'Never Trust A Hippie !'

Put it this way, Young Sir, , the tech head didn't have ANY idea! .

Janie x58

Really ? Wow !

( I do love that young sir stuff ... Flatterer. )

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  14:05:00  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Three years undead today. Not having a good day so far. Sxxxing computer has gone screwy, and I just washed my phone in the washing machine.

Do you think someones trying to tell me something ?

You know what they say; you can't kill the undead. You can knock us down but we just keep on getting up and coming back.

Undaunted, undefeated, undetered, unfinished, undead.

Happy Halloween folken.

Guess where I was Saturday night ? Here's some footage I shot.

'Never Trust A Hippie !'

Edited by - viperMON on 31/10/2011 14:05:39
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  17:40:42  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Undaunted, undefeated, undetered, unfinished, undead.

'Never Trust A Hippie !'

and......after having listened to the volume on your clip..............undeaf, I suggest???!!!!

Happy Halloween vpm

Janie x58
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  18:58:13  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[/quote] and......after having listened to the volume on your clip..............undeaf, I suggest???!!!!

Happy Halloween vpm

Janie x58
[/quote]

LOL, yeah, undeaf too.

Ah, one of them days me thinks. Had go the library to log on this morning. They're doing something to the road round the corner so maybe it was that. Ole Vipernet is up and running again.

Managed to get my old phone working, so that could be worse. Now its wait and see what happens in a couple of days when it dries out.

Got some more clips to upload, though I'm not sure they'll be to everyones taste here. All part of my grand new scheme to ....... ah, that would be telling. Tell you later.

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  02:31:40  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OOOOh ! J, the boards just went strange on me. Replied to Bertha on Nov Games thread. Hit the Post button, and got a PM thingy asking for USERNAME and PASSWORD.

Hit out on the BACK button, then ALL THREADS, then checked my post. It was there no prob's, but I'm kind of freaked (two ID's burned already) as to what ............. glitch/problem ????!!!

Sent you a request on FB, just in case I get locked out again, so I can contact if worst happens.

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2