The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 Other Music
 Ms. Streisand
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2013 :  11:27:57  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had an alert today re the sale of Barbra Streisand tickets for June at the O2 - shocked (yet again!) at the cost of tickets. Cheapest up in the gods at 65....the rest are well over 100 with the bulk currently on sale at 350 and upwards. Well, sorry Ms Streisand, this life long fan of yours is calling time on seeing you perform in the flesh - ever heard of the expression 'TRIPLE DIP RECESSION?'.

Janie x59

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2013 :  00:47:53  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly it seems as if attending concerts is becoming more and more unaffordable. I would especially love to see both Paul McCartney and Babs perform live. Never had the opportunity to see either of them. The only Beatle I saw live was Ringo and his concert was local and affordable about 10 years ago.

The top dollar I am willing to pay for a concert and/or a show is $100 (ok maybe $102, lol), which I think is a lot of money. For this price I expect to have good seats, not nosebleed seats.

I find theatre tickets to be a bit cheaper in London's West End vs Broadway with American money (not for you Brits with the exchange rate in your favor). I do not get to New York very often and only been to London three times in my life! I'm not made of money, LOL!

Marty

Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2013 :  17:28:31  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not made of money? The tour promoters think we are.

I've just seen then The Lion King in Manchester and that wasn't cheap but I really enjoyed it, good to see a full house. The Run ends in April.
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2013 :  03:05:43  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw Lion King guessing maybe 8 years ago. It was excellent. Loved it. I bought the CD afterwards and occassionally play it. Highly recommend seeing it!
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
895 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2013 :  03:34:12  Show Profile Send Gill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I saw the Lion King when it first opened in London.. a Chinese guy offered me a bunch of money for my tickets outside the lyceum Theatre. Would have sold them if I had not had the kids with me.

'If there's one thing that inhibits good singing, it's fear
Go to Top of Page

Earthbound Gypsy
Sweet Inspiration

USA
4227 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2013 :  04:21:40  Show Profile Send Earthbound Gypsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if it's the same in the UK. In the US that's illegal and could be considered ticket scalpting! You could have been arrested Gill if you sold those tickets higher than the face value!

Marty

Edited by - Earthbound Gypsy on 24/03/2013 04:24:32
Go to Top of Page

viperMON
Wishing And Hoping

710 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2013 :  16:30:41  Show Profile Send viperMON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Earthbound Gypsy

Not sure if it's the same in the UK. In the US that's illegal and could be considered ticket scalpting! You could have been arrested Gill if you sold those tickets higher than the face value!

Marty

It's called 'touting' here, and yes its not strictly legal. There are Pro Touts, but I think the sketch painted above would be viewed as a private transaction as you wern't offering them for money, someone offered you money for what you had.

Yes, gig tickets are climbing. Gone are the days of seeing a name band for a 5.00, unless they're on a 'comeback'.

I'm pretty lucky that most of the bands I go to see are under 25.00. I still have to buy them a while in advance though so that come the gig I can actually afford to get home again. That taxi ride home can cost as much as the rest of the night out.

The highest I've paid (checking my book) seems to be Macy Gray back in 2004 at Liverpool's Kings Dock during that years Summer Pops festival, 34.50, and before my cataract op.

You must be logged in to see this link. - PG Guidence !

B.B. King, same venue 2002 was less at 28.50. Gods only know how much it would be these days.

Can't say I like 'stadium' type gigs all seated. Call me old fashioned, but if I'm not not battling for survival, having a dance, or getting some pics/footage down the front it just isn't fun.

You know you've had a good night out when your sweat has soaked right through your leather, got some bruises n grazes, and come out so shattered you just have to find a pub an a pint to recover before attempting to get home without an ambulance.

'Never Trust A Hippie !'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2