The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 General
 Projects of the Dusty kind - updates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  13:04:52  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The following update information regarding forthcoming Dusty associated projects has been made available by Paul Howes who has given the go-ahead to reproduce it here. (Many thanks Paul)

1.Dusty At The BBC
There has been a delay with this project and the release date has shifted from the January/February date to probably April time. The next Dusty Springfield Bulletin will contain an interview with Stanley Dorman, who was the producer of the first two BBC TV series and the Talk of The Town Special.

2.Corner Of The Sky
Petula Clark's 'Duets' album is now set for a March release.

3.The Complete Dusty Springfield
This is one I can't wait for although no publication date has been specified as yet. The book has been expanded to include the Lana Sister and The Springfields songs. So much is new - new cover, new foreward by Pet Clark, in excess of 200 photos, and a song by song analysis of most of the live TV and radio performances that Dusty gave.

Janie xx

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  13:10:08  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou for relaying the info' Janie.

Thanks Paul, for the news...

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  18:14:28  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooh, plenty to look forward too.
Thanks Janie & Paul

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page

MattMidd1
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
570 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  19:52:48  Show Profile Send MattMidd1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
awwwwwww I have to wait even longer for the DVD
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Something Special

United Kingdom
1916 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2007 :  19:54:36  Show Profile  Send Clare an AOL message Send Clare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Never mind Matt. It'll just make it even more special

Clare xx
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2007 :  21:55:45  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Get ordering folks - Petula Clarke's Duets album is due for release on the 12 March 2007

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Pablito
Wishing And Hoping

Ireland
465 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  20:36:34  Show Profile  Click to see Pablito's MSN Messenger address Send Pablito a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm going to need incontinence-pants if the "Dusty at the BBC" dvd doesn't make an appearance soon.

The anticipation is killing me

Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  20:51:32  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pablito

I'm going to need incontinence-pants if the "Dusty at the BBC" dvd doesn't make an appearance soon.

The anticipation is killing me

Paul.

I'll send you some of my Tena pads if you feel they may be useful Paul!

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Pablito
Wishing And Hoping

Ireland
465 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  21:03:17  Show Profile  Click to see Pablito's MSN Messenger address Send Pablito a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks for the offer, I might need the 'super-absorbant' variety

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  13:28:24  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pablito

Thanks for the offer, I might need the 'super-absorbant' variety

Paul

They are in the post

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  13:30:58  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know any more about the new Complete Dusty book?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  14:10:03  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When Paul gave me the go ahead to reproduce the update details for this thread (beginning of January) I told him that I was really looking forward to the publication of his book. His reply was 'I'd better finish it then!'. I guess that means there is still a way to go.

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2007 :  14:13:56  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

marg
Sweet Inspiration

2686 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2007 :  12:08:52  Show Profile Send marg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've pre-ordered my copy of Paul's book from amazon.com for under US$20.

marg x
Go to Top of Page

DustyJaneway
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  16:46:20  Show Profile  Click to see DustyJaneway's MSN Messenger address  Send DustyJaneway a Yahoo! Message Send DustyJaneway a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cannot wait to gt my hands on the Dusty at the BBC DVD - hurry up and release it already!!

Does anybody know if the Dusty Musical is definitely coming to the UK yet?

Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  16:58:14  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We've heard a few whispers about a possible October date Catherine, but unfortunately nobody has managed to come up with anything definitive as yet.

Good to see you on the forum btw.

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  01:28:39  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dusty Live At The BBC

As noted by Paul Howes in the March edition of the DSB, both the CD and DVD are scheduled to be released around the 14 May.

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Lindakron
Sweet Inspiration

Canada
2740 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2007 :  02:08:47  Show Profile  Send Lindakron a Yahoo! Message Send Lindakron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What year was "Live at the BBC" taped?

~Linda~
Go to Top of Page

Pablito
Wishing And Hoping

Ireland
465 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2007 :  19:31:07  Show Profile  Click to see Pablito's MSN Messenger address Send Pablito a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seen this on amazon.co.uk today;

You must be logged in to see this link.

It says release date 4th of June!!

And no news of the DVD - I think Universal are trying to torture us.

What year was "Live at the BBC" taped?

Most of the material comes from Dusty's 1966 and '67 tv-series for the BBC.

Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Carole R.
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
13792 Posts

Posted - 17/04/2007 :  22:17:38  Show Profile Send Carole R. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It says release date 4th of June!!

....Oh, sh...ugar!

Cxx
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8288 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  21:53:20  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul Howes advise in the latest edition of the DSB about:

Dusty 'Live at The BBC' DVD

'Universal is working towards issuing the DVD late August/early September. Failing this, it will be put back to the beginnig of 2008 to avoid clashing with themany pre-Christmas releases'.

Janie x53

Looks like some Tena pads are on their way to you Paul (our Pablito)!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2