The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 General
 Projects of the Dusty kind - updates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Pablito
Wishing And Hoping

Ireland
465 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  10:14:10  Show Profile  Click to see Pablito's MSN Messenger address Send Pablito a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like some Tena pads are on their way to you Paul (our Pablito)!

And some Valium too please Janie. If Universal put back the release to the New-Year I'll have to be sectioned.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  19:33:10  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pablito

Looks like some Tena pads are on their way to you Paul (our Pablito)!

And some Valium too please Janie. If Universal put back the release to the New-Year I'll have to be sectioned.

Paul

Looks like you'll soon be putting the pharmaceuticals and incontinence pads companies out of business Paul!! .
Amazon has the 'Dusty Springfield Live at the BBC' DVD down for release on the 24 September 2007.

Here's the link although there is little info on it. Excellent price though I note! £11.99. Can't be bad .

You must be logged in to see this link.

For info:

The full tracklisting of the DVDs is as follows:

Dusty BBC TV Show

Series 1

1st September 1966
The Real Thing
Some Of Your Loviní
Bring Him Back
Poor Wayfaring Stranger
The Mood Iím In
Twenty-Four Hours From Tulsa
Packiní Up

8th September 1966
Call Me Irresponsible
Tell The World About You
I Donít Want To Go On Without You
Wonít Be Long
Iíll Never Stop Loving You
The Real Thing

22nd September 1966
You Lost The Sweetest Boy
To Love and Be Loved
Anna (El Baion)
Gonna Build A Mountain
Losing You
Wonít Be Long

Series 2

15th August 1967
Live It Up
Iíll Try Anything
The Water Is Wide
I Only Wanna Laugh
If You Go Away
Everybody Needs Somebody

22nd August 1967
Get Ready
The Beautiful Land
All I See Is You
Medley: Do Re Mi, Soulville

29th August 1967
Come Back To Me
Donít Let Me Lose This Dream
Peel Me A Grape
If You Go Away
You Can Have Him

5th September 1967
By Myself
Sunny
Two Brothers
Time After Time
You'd Better Run

12th September 1967
Let The Good Times Roll
If My Friends Could See Me Now
I Wish You Love
It Was Easier To Hurt Him
Heatwave

19th September 1967
Nowhere To Run
Sweet Lover No More
My Lagan Love
The Mood I'm In
It Ain't All Honey
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
Extras
26 August 1970: THE MORECAMBE & WISE SHOW (BBC2)
How Can I Be Sure

28 December 1972: TOM JONES SHOW (BBC1)
I Am Woman
Since I Fell For You

7 April 1979: SATURDAY NIGHT AT THE MILL (BBC1)
Interview/I' m Coming Home Again

Photo Gallery

Audio Jukebox of tracks plus hit singles:
I Only Want To Be With You
Son Of A Preacher Man
I Just Donít Know What To Do With Myself
You Donít Have To Say You Love Me
I Close My Eyes & Count To Ten

Collectorís Edition contains:
4 Unique Picture Postcards from the TV Series
Limited edition numbering

Source of the above content: You must be logged in to see this link.
(as a matter of interest, on this link the specified release date is October 8 2007)

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Pablito
Wishing And Hoping

Ireland
465 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  14:26:38  Show Profile  Click to see Pablito's MSN Messenger address Send Pablito a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Janie!!

I was starting to lose hope for this DVD. World supplies of Tena pads and Valium will be back to normal soon

The track-listing for the DVD omits all Dusty's duets from the series - I was really looking forward to seeing her collaboration with Mel Torme in full, and the Scott Walker performances too.......maybe that's wha held up the release of the DVD???

The Amazon site gives the 24th of September as the release date, and the press release gives the 8th of October.......I'm confused

Thanks again Janie.

Paul.
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  18:40:26  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pablito

The Amazon site gives the 24th of September as the release date, and the press release gives the 8th of October.......I'm confused

Thanks again Janie.

Paul.

You and me both, Paul!

Janie x53
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 17/09/2007 :  11:53:16  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This post also appears on 'Dusty Recordings' Forum

I've just received this notification from Amazon.co.uk

On An Island of Dreams

Springfields
Price: £11.99

Release Date: 24 September 2007

Track Listings

Disc 1

1. Dear John
2. I Done What They Told Me
3. Breakaway
4. Good News
5. Wimoweh Mambo
6. Black Hills Of Dakota
7. Row Row Row
8. Green Leaves Of Summer
9. Silver Dollar
10. Allentown Jail
11. Lonesome Traveller
12. Dear Hearts And Gentle People
13. They Took John Away
14. Eso Es El Amor
15. Two Brothers
16. Tzena Tzena Tzena
17. Bambino
18. Goodnight Irene
19. Far Away Places
20. Silver Threads And Golden Needles
21. Aunt Rhody
22. Swahili Papa
23. Gotta Travel On

Disc 2

1. Island Of Dreams
2. Johnson Boys
3. Settle Down
4. There's A Big Wheel
5. Greenback Dollar
6. Midnight Special
7. Wabash Cannonball
8. Alone With You
9. Cotton Fields
10. Foggy Mountain Top
11. Little By Little
12. Maggie
13. Darling Allalee
14. Mountain Boy
15. My Baby's Gone
16. Waf Woof
17. Say I Won't Be There
18. Little Boat
19. Come On Home
20. Pit A Pat
21. If I Was Down And Out
22. Marcabamba
23. No Sad Songs For Me
24. Where Have All The Flowers Gone (Sag Mir Wo Die Blumen Sind)

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Alex Forhermusic
Wishing And Hoping

172 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2007 :  23:30:51  Show Profile Send Alex Forhermusic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone, (excitement), this is my first post and I want it to be interesting! All this talk of Dusty at the BBC, which I've cleverly managed to get posted to my family's address in Scotland, as opposed to my own place (groan)...has raised a question in my mind. Dusty went on to do a season of shows on ITV. 1968? Does anyone know for what company? or who would now own the rights to any surviving ITV shows, or, if there was someone in a position to dig them out would they be willing to try? She deserves a new, thoroughgoing, appreciation of her unique talent and contribution to music.
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 23/10/2007 :  23:50:09  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Alex, welcome to the Site! I'm not sure about the ITV stuff, but I bet someone here must know. Do you know which series it was, the name of it?

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  00:06:04  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If ITV is the same as ATV was, was it the "It Must Be Dusty" series?
Fraser made an amazing collection of live Dusty CDs, and the audio from all seven of these shows was one of them, so thanks to Fraser, we have the audio..

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  00:11:09  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Sara and Alex, I think it was called "It must be Dusty" and was not very well produced. Luckily the BBC got her back the year after ( I think) and they put her on at the Golders Green Hippodrome with Valentine Dyall. These were classic shows with people like Peter Sellers; Jimmy Rufffin etc. Dusty always said she was so pleased to be working with the "old firm " again. (Or something like that)

Love Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

Sara
Higher and Higher

United Kingdom
9401 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  00:24:57  Show Profile Send Sara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never knew ATV was ITV, I always thought it was some kinda BBC label type thing

Sara x
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  00:29:05  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Basically they were the same, although I think ATV wasn't UK wide?? Not sure though. What's your phone number, by the way!!

Love Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  00:37:36  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way Alex, I was lucky enough to get a promo copy of the BBC TV series and it is wonderful! I was at the recording of the "Peel me a Grape" show and met her afterwards! She was in good form and signed all our photos. I had never seen so much black eyeliner in my life. She was so gracious and very funny.

Love Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  08:49:32  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jonathan
I had never seen so much black eyeliner in my life.

Love Jonathan

Now I know where you got your makeup ideas from J! .

Great to see you on the site Alex btw - brilliant first post.......keep them coming .

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  14:04:47  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting first post, Alex! Any other questions?

Btw, that's really cool, Jonathan! I find the "Peel Me A Grape" performance outstanding!! I love the jazzy stuff. Did she talk to you in any way when she signed the photos?

V x
Go to Top of Page

jonathan
Wishing And Hoping

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2007 :  14:51:06  Show Profile Send jonathan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vera, she was her usual goony self and she wrote on the map on the back of my ticket; "Dusty was 'ere!" with an arrow pointing at the TV centre in Shepherds Bush. Can't find it, but I must have it somewhere (Oh shame on me)

Love Jonathan
Go to Top of Page

Alex Forhermusic
Wishing And Hoping

172 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  02:02:15  Show Profile Send Alex Forhermusic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now we're on to something (better than 'nothing'!). ATV were the Midlands regional station in the 60's and 70's, with the two ovals, one above the other, with ATV written vertically. Anybody else remember the signature tune: xylophone followed by trumpets? If you watched Crossroads (only to laugh) then it'll come back to memory after a while... Central TV took over from ATV in the 80s. They did - like all ITV regional companies - do both local and national stuff (I think they did TISWAS and OTT as well).
So, Sara, Jonathan, do you fear the video tape was scrubbed or is now in, what non-fans would call, poor quality? I wouldn't care what state it was in (v glad to hear the audio survives - how can I get a copy?). If the wee bit of Dusty and Jimi Hendrix (film of a TV!) was good enough for French and Saunders, I think "It Must Be Dusty" would do me / us on a DVD of some sort... Another question: I vaguely remember reading there were difficulties freeing her Ready Steady Go! material from the grip of its copyright owner (Dave Clark?) ? Is it available? I would love to see as much as still exists today, in moderate amounts of course, in case I collapse!

Working late, Alex
Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  10:27:14  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex Forhermusic

I would love to see as much as still exists today, in moderate amounts of course, in case I collapse!

Working late, Alex

You sound like somebody else I know Alex!

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  12:37:26  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi again, Alex!
I'm not too sure about the Ready Steady Go material. I believe you can order certain things through the Bulletin but that's limited. I remember seeing footage of "Everyday I Have to Cry" and "Losing You"... They circulate on youtube, too, I believe. Oh! And then there is the Motown Special! I'm sure you have seen that. Brilliant show!

V x
Go to Top of Page

Vera
Administrator

United Kingdom
1632 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2007 :  23:44:38  Show Profile  Click to see Vera's MSN Messenger address Send Vera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You find more detail on the internet movie data base:

You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

Alex Forhermusic
Wishing And Hoping

172 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2007 :  00:49:31  Show Profile Send Alex Forhermusic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vera, thankyou kindly for that link. I spent a bit of time browsing through the Movie database, more later. Eyelids heavy again. All information and guidance most welcome!

Alex
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2