The Dusty Springfield Network
The Dusty Springfield Network
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome To The DSN
 General
 Projects of the Dusty kind - updates
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2007 :  23:14:27  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To answer some questions that were raised on earlier threads.

Dusty's tv series for ITV was also wiped as was her one off special from the 70's and her show recorded at Talk Of The Town which should have been kept for posterity as it was the first colour special.

As for the Ready Steady Go programmes, several were released (including the Motown special) on video both here and the States and also on laser disc in the States. However it seems very unlikely that they will ever be released on dvd as Dave Clark owns the rights and he wants too much money for a dvd release.

However, the only show Dusty sang live was the Motown show.
Go to Top of Page

Jen
Brand New Me

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  04:00:50  Show Profile Send Jen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone……

Tonight I spent a very pleasant few hours with a Canadian writer by the name of Jeanette Lynes. A mutual friend (from the Women’s Studies Department at Queen’s University in Kingston) recently put us in contact.

Jeanette is a Dusty fan, and will publish a new book later this year. (The northern fall I believe). The title is “It’s Hard Being Queen: The Dusty Springfield Poems”!!! Exciting, eh?!?!

I haven’t seen the book yet, nor have I read any of the Dusty poems. Some of Jeanette’s work can be found here:
You must be logged in to see this link.
(These are from this new book, but are obviously not directly related to Dusty.)

That’s about all the info. I have at the moment – the publisher wants to do a press release sometime in the future, so I will let everyone know when that comes out. Perhaps we could get a good deal on a bulk shipment of books??!!

I’ll post again as more details surface……………

Jen

Go to Top of Page

Janie
Administrator

United Kingdom
8289 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  08:32:26  Show Profile Send Janie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jen

Hi Everyone……

Tonight I spent a very pleasant few hours with a Canadian writer by the name of Jeanette Lynes. A mutual friend (from the Women’s Studies Department at Queen’s University in Kingston) recently put us in contact.

Jeanette is a Dusty fan, and will publish a new book later this year. (The northern fall I believe). The title is “It’s Hard Being Queen: The Dusty Springfield Poems”!!! Exciting, eh?!?!

I haven’t seen the book yet, nor have I read any of the Dusty poems. Some of Jeanette’s work can be found here:
(These are from this new book, but are obviously not directly related to Dusty.)

That’s about all the info. I have at the moment – the publisher wants to do a press release sometime in the future, so I will let everyone know when that comes out. Perhaps we could get a good deal on a bulk shipment of books??!!

I’ll post again as more details surface……………

Jen

Jen, this looks to be fascinating - Dusty gets everywhere doesn't she? . Thank you so much for the heads up and we'll look forward to more details as and when .

Janie x54
Go to Top of Page

edjames
Brand New Me

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 25/07/2010 :  16:16:25  Show Profile Send edjames a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This update (sort of...) on 2 of the Dusty biopic movies was printed in Sunday's Parade Magazine here in the states...

I have some friends in the biz who tell me the Chenoweth project is dead., perhaps all for the best. Her recent critical flop in "Promises,Promises" on Broadway was not good for her career.

ED
Go to Top of Page

edjames
Brand New Me

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  16:58:43  Show Profile Send edjames a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally, Kristin Chenoweth admits the Dusty biopic movie project is "dead on the vine."

ED
Go to Top of Page

James McKenzie
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  17:21:56  Show Profile Send James McKenzie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Frost on Saturday

Network issued a DVD in the UK on 4 October under the above title. It includes performances from David Frost's Saturday night series and Dusty is one of the artists listed on the packaging. The amazon UK site indicates the performances date from 1968 and there is a picture of Dusty on the front. No info as to the song performed. Can anyone guess from the picture?

Here is a link to the amazon entry:

Regards

Jim
Go to Top of Page

edjames
Brand New Me

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  23:08:47  Show Profile Send edjames a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Complete Dusty Springfield lists two appearances in 1968 by Dusty on Frost on Sunday.

The first, 22 September lists her singing "Sweet Lover No More" and "I Will Come To You."

The second, 8 December lists her singing "I Think Its Gonna Rain Today" and "Son of a Preacher Man."

Is it too much to ask that all four songs are on the DVD???

ED
Go to Top of Page

United Kingdom
5020 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2010 :  23:42:55  Show Profile Send reputation a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edjames

The Complete Dusty Springfield lists two appearances in 1968 by Dusty on Frost on Sunday.

The first, 22 September lists her singing "Sweet Lover No More" and "I Will Come To You."

The second, 8 December lists her singing "I Think Its Gonna Rain Today" and "Son of a Preacher Man."

Is it too much to ask that all four songs are on the DVD???

ED

Well it's a 2 dvd set so it would be wonderful if all songs were included - however as no site lists any songs there is only one sure way to find out!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

James McKenzie
Brand New Me

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  21:28:44  Show Profile Send James McKenzie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not even the website of Network, the issuing company, gives any details of what is performed.

Unlikely, but I would really like to see a performance of I Will Come To You on the DVD as there are no TV performances of that available. The only performance I can recall seeing of that song is on Dee Time in September 1968. However, what we will probably get is Son Of A Preacher Man, which I did see. Frost was the son of a Methodist minister and after Dusty's performance he said, 'And from this son of a preacher man....'.

It was remiss of me not to check Paul Howes' tome before making the original posting. Will try to do better in future.

Jim
Go to Top of Page

wally
Sweet Inspiration

United Kingdom
2182 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  00:43:00  Show Profile Send wally a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will try and get a second hand copy on Amazon me thinks!

Wally x
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Dusty Springfield Network © 2000-06 ForumCo.com Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2